Mists of Pandaria Announced as Next Expansion for World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mists of Pandaria Announced as Next Expansion for World of Warcraft

To kick off Blizzcon 2011, Blizzard revealed the first trailer, media, and information for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria.

The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set, Mists of Pandaria, has been unveiled! Shrouded in fog since the world was sundered more than ten thousand years ago, the ancient realm of Pandaria has remained unspoiled by war. Its lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains are home to a complex ecosystem of indigenous races and exotic creatures -- including the noble and enigmatic pandaren. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world's salvation… or will the battle to control this new land push the Horde and the Alliance over the brink of war and into total annihilation?

In Mists of Pandaria, players will be able to explore an all-new continent while reaching new heights of power on their way to an increased level cap of 90. In addition, adventurers can choose whether to side with the Horde or the Alliance as World of Warcraft’s first neutral race -- the pandaren -- and master the ways of Pandaria’s ancient martial arts as the all-new monk class.

The Pandaren can be either Alliance or Horde and have the following racial traits available to them in the following class types:

Racial Traits
    - Epicurean - increases the stat benefits from food by 100%
    - Gourmand - cooking skill increased by 15
    - Inner Peace - your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long
    - Bouncy - You take 50% less falling damage
    - Quaking Palm - You touch a secret pressure point on an enemy target, putting it to sleep for 3 seconds

Available Classes
    - Monk
    - Mage
    - Rogue
    - Warrior
    - Hunter
    - Priest
    - Shaman

Also new in the upcoming expansion is the Monk class type.

Pandaren masters have chosen to share their ancient martial arts with young fighters in both the Alliance and Horde. Harnessing their inner strength and potent "chi" energy, Monks are extremely capable in every role: damage, defense, and healing.

Monks are masters of bare-handed combat, choosing to draw their weapons only for devastating finishing moves. Monk healers bring harmony and balance to every group, healing even the most grievous of injuries with ancient remedies and focused spiritual arts. And few can hope to out-last the unquenchable prowess of the Monk Brewmaster, whose empowering beverages and unpredictable combat style allow them to absorb incredible amounts of punishment.

Monk players will be limited to cloth and leather armors, fist weapons, one handed weapons, polearms, and staves. They will be available to the following races: Pandaren, Dwarf, Human, Blood Elf, Tauren, Forsaken, Draenei, Ghome, Night Elf, Orc, and Troll.

The expansion also includes a raised level cap of 90, new zones, pet battle system, and dungeon challenge modes. More information, art, screens, and more can be found at the official Mists of Pandaria website.

Blizzard have been watching tooo much Kung Fu Panda.

Comment

This will never see the light of day in China. Plus I think WoW is still banned there since 2009. They may have changed that since but last I knew it was banned.

Comment

Re: Mists of Pandaria Announced as Next Expansion for World of Warcraft

Originally posted by Scinto
        Blizzard have been watching tooo much Kung Fu Panda.
        Pretty much what I said on Twitter about an hour ago. Plus what people have said on their Youtube comments and others on Twitter, Facebook, forums, etc. I heard from someone who has contact with a Blizzard artist that it started as an April Fools joke that "everyone" loved so they made it real. Go figure.

Comment

Yeah, I dont play WoW, so take that for what its worth, but this doesnt seem very creative for a monthly fee game.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Somthing new, and adds more Chinese elements http://www.dotmmo.com/mists-of-pandaria-5262.html

Comment

This is exactly what I wanted. Pandaria's location in the world revealed, Pandaren as a playable race, new class to go with it, and making it a neutral race that can do Alliance or Horde. Exactly what I detailed in their "What race do you want to be playable" thread. @Zips - One of the things they said in the opening of Blizzcon is that right now the entire world plays the same version of the game. How they get this into China, if at all, I have no idea. One of the reasons I despaired of seeing Pandaria at all, I'm glad that we get to though. I've been wanting Pandaria ever since Chen from Warcraft III and the playable pandaren character there. They DO exist in Warcraft lore, they're not just a joke. The Pandaren monk pet was great but got old quick. And Pandaren existed BEFORE Kung Fu Panda. Pretty sure WC3 was before the first KFP movie. Although this does get me excited about the release of KFP2 on bluray I think in November. I'm really excited about this expansion. Now the pokemon pet battling...really wish they retract that much like they backed off the 'dance studio' to learn new dances with. That's a feature we can totally do without.

Comment

I remember warcraft having pandas... but to me this is just another money-sucking game-ruining excuse. Not to talk about how i bet it is going to unbalance the game

Comment

^^ Original WCIII April Fools joke page

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                    http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/
                    ^^ Original WCIII April Fools joke page
                    Indeed. And ever since then Blizzard actually took a lot of that and made it canon for the lore.

More pre-MoP history in WoW: http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren#Refe...ts_of_Pandaria

Plus the rumors section below it.

Comment

Working...
                    X