Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Pre-Orders Nine Times Higher than PC

From Battlefieldo.com:

According to VGCharts, a Video Game Charts website, the Xbox 360 Version of Battlefield 3 stands at 939,864 compared to 124,805 on the PC Version of Battlefield 3. While the game is set to be more geared towards PC players, it’s clear that it has quite the large following from the Xbox360 community. Last week, DICE announced that HD textures will be available to Xbox 360 / PS3 which is a good sign for those a little bit disappointed by the graphics seen in the BF3 Beta. Be advised that this chart is only for US Pre orders and does not tally the international totals. Needless to say, it’s apparent that this game has quite the Console based following. For all of you looking to play PS3 / Xbox360. we invite you to our forums!

I hate posting this type of news because of how skewed and incomplete the numbers are. But, it is still news, nonetheless, and this will be touted as proof of how Battlefield 3 is a console game. Hopefully all our readers understand how its a very small demographic and the complications to counting pre-orders across the internet for PC pre-orders are. If you take into account the totals released by DICE on pre-orders compared to Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2, you know that these numbers cannot be close to accurate.

On the bright side, look at those numbers compared to other video games that are big on the list.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Xbox 360 Pre-Orders Nine Times Higher than PC

I also just found out that the Video Game Charts website doesnt include direct download pre-orders at all, so this is just physical copy stuff only.

Crunch

Comment

That I am sure there are a lot of people that don't want to shell out the money to build a new pc to just run one game. If the next gen consoles come anywhere close to a pc this might be my last pc build. But then again I made sure that my pc is upgradeable in the next few years. Even though I did hear that the new AMD bulldozer chip sucked.

Comment

If you just upgraded like most of us I doubt we will worry rather the bulldozer sux or not cause it will be old tech by the time we upgrade again. AMD already has an 8 core cpu : http://promotions.newegg.com/AMD/113...ge_696x288.jpg

Comment

A lot of PC people prefer Digital these days, personally I always buy the box.

Comment

Most people can't afford a PC so i'm not surprised 360 specially is so high as the 360 is very popular in the states. PS3 sales would be much higher if they included Europe and Japan. I also feel PC's would be a-lot higher if you included Europe. I still feel BF3 is a console game first than a PC game because it doesn't feel like BF2.
            PSN: Xclusiveitalian
            Steam: Stryker
            Origin: Xclusiveitalian
            Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

The chart shows how it might be physical distribution numbers only in other ways too. Star wars: The old republic 595,657, I know they were talking about limiting copies activated, but it's got to be bigger then that, especially now that it has a real release date. And There is no Call of Duty: Modern warfae 3 for PC. It's been on steam, and other digital distributors for a while.

Comment

I understand this, but you could clarify the title to make it less misleading.

Not that it really matters anyway, they sold more copies of BC2 on PC than both consoles combined even though I believe the preorder numbers were lower.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I don't much care for the whole stupid "lol, consolized" or the PC vs console debate that people seem to love. However, it IS disheartening that a "proper" Battlefield game seems to be doing relatively poorly on the PC when it's where the series originated. Then again, this does not include digital sales from any of the online retailers, so it's still hard to say for sure. However, with that said, I still believe there would be a huge margin where the console version is outselling the PC, even with digital sales factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    That I am sure there are a lot of people that don't want to shell out the money to build a new pc to just run one game. If the next gen consoles come anywhere close to a pc this might be my last pc build. But then again I made sure that my pc is upgradeable in the next few years. Even though I did hear that the new AMD bulldozer chip sucked.
                    Well When consoles finally catch up to PC's, PC's just rocket past in a couple of years anyway. I thought it always worked like that?

Comment

so what is the total number of pre-orders for worldwide not just america?

Comment

considering BF3 requires origin and the majority of the sales and discount codes were for digital copies I'd say those numbers too much water, even the hardcore veterans are buying digital but it doesn't bode well for the future of battlefield on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Booth
                          so what is the total number of pre-orders for worldwide not just america?
                          We dont know. I think uless DICE or EA release the numbers, I dont think we will ever know.

Also, I dont think this is a prophecy for Battlefield on PC. We dont have the numbers. This is the US only on hard sales. Power is correct that a lot (ton, millions) of people have gone digital on buying games. Even I have when I thought it was insane long ago. If we go by the articles DICE released on how pre-orders are Xtimes bigger than BC2 and BF2, these numbers do not relate at all to it.

Crunch

Comment

Hell, the only reason why I preordered physical was because I get a hat with my pre order (but not in game, sadly )

Comment

Why would anyone want to play Skyrim on a 360 its going to be one of the prettiest games of the Year.. and the 360 is going to reduce it to looking like an eyesore.

Comment

Working...
                              X