Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caspian Border Back Online for PC this Weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspian Border Back Online for PC this Weekend.

Rambo posted this news in the forums:

After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).

So now the map will be available for all on the PC. Try it out while you still can and before complaining about instability, you might read up on the bolded section.

SOURCE
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Caspian Border Back Online for PC this Weekend.

Hell ya!
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Well, it doesn't really make any difference, since caspian is completly unplayable form my;/ All server lag as hell..

Comment

ChaaaaChing!

Comment

GIggity!

Comment

Epic lag. But still better than Metro!

The tanks defiantly needs an engine boost, they go incredibly slow as soon as it goes just a tiny bit upward

Comment

Hopefully they will have more than 5 servers up hosting the map because last time I couldn't even play the map because of the limited servers.

Comment

It would be great if it didnt crash every 5 minutes.

Comment

So much win!
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

why do i think the vehicles (specially the tank) feel wierd? you almost do not feel the shooting like you did in bfbc2, and if this is for mor realism i rather have a satisfying and agressive BOOOOOOM than a "tuuch"

Comment

awesome win! i played it today, at first the servers were laggy, but i entered a german server minimal lag! at some points i would encounter a spike, anyways this was true battlefield. Brought my friend in today to give the game a test drive...he didn't want to leave! now he is going to buy a new gfx card lmfao, i can sincerely feel the battlefield, my God its like BF2. AND might i say FINALLY we have handheld AA i mean really! we needed handheld AA to take those fly boys down :P (Vanilla BF2, Allied intent Xtended had handheld AA)

Comment

I'll be lucky if I ever get to experience a jet or helicopter. I'm not going to be one of those jackasses that camp spawn to get one of those vehicles but damn if I'll ever find a better way to get one at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                          I'll be lucky if I ever get to experience a jet or helicopter. I'm not going to be one of those jackasses that camp spawn to get one of those vehicles but damn if I'll ever find a better way to get one at this rate.
                          You can spawn directly in the jets, they will be listed as spanpoints if they are available

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                            Just camp the runways. Everyone sucks in the jets (probably because they are so underpowered) and so they spawn quickly.
                            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

So it's a 64 player map, but 12 people in each team are camping the jets, sounds like Battlefield to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X