Bethesda and Notch Going to Court Over "Scrolls" Dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethesda and Notch Going to Court Over "Scrolls" Dispute

Well, the time for peaceful talks has ended between Bethesda and Markus "Notch" Persson. The two will be headed to court to settle the dispute over Notch calling his next title Scrolls and Bethesda having a bit of an issue with that.

Bethesda claims that Notch's and Team Mojang's upcoming title infringes on Bethesda's copyright for a game series you may have heard of, The Elder Scrolls.

Last month Notch described Bethesda's claim as "bogus" and said "if we're going to court, I will fight this for as long as it takes".

He also noted that Bethesda itself has released several one-word-named games that share a noun with older titles, offering its new FPS Rage and classic Sega brawler Streets of Rage as examples.

Previously, Notch offered to settle the dispute over a friendly game of Quake 3, but Bethesda and their lawyers did not bite.

Suprised Bethesda doesn't want to stop being a dick about this, so they idealy want no other game in the future of mankind to have the word scrolls in it? Because Scrolls From Outer Space might stop people buying Skyrim. But i also kind of have a problem with the Notch side of this, Scrolls is what, some kind of card/board game? Is the name really that good?

Comment

Re: Bethesda and Notch Going to Court Over "Scrolls" Dispute

Hope Notch stomps them.

Comment

I'm a huge Bethesda fan, but this is just too homo from their part.

Comment

Eeh... my dislike for bethesda has travelled a bit more, with them forcing Obsidian to rush New Vegas, making it a bit buggy for some (Myself included at times), screwing up Fallout Story Canon and now this... bleh...

Comment

Hopefully Notch destroys them
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Notch FTW

Comment

Working...
              X