Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon this Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon this Thursday

Battlefield 3 is coming to late night network television. Next Thursday, June 16th on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Battlefield 3 for console will be shown. No word yet on who from EA or DICE will be on the show. TV listings simply say "A demonstration of Battlefield 3". OffDutyGamers tweeted the console version will be shown.

Jimmy Fallon has featured different video games and appearances by Engadget editors have been quite common on the show.

SOURCE

Re: (PS3)Battlefield 3 to be on Jimmy Fallon show this Thursday

A DICE developer cries when you play BF3 on a console.

Comment

I saw the PS3 screen shot from the E3 video, but it'll be interesting to see how it looks in motion, hope it's comparable to PC, or at least the better looking PS3 titles.

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
      Man come on stop making gamers look petty. Especially PC gamers like us, it's just entertainment.

Hell my only concern these days is being able to play cross platform. Some games are like this, but they are in the tiny minority. And while yes Bf3 wouldn't work cross platform for Multi it would be so nice too play the co-op with my friends that aren't all uniformly on one platform. Call of duty Zombie and Left 4 dead are also games I would like to play cross platform.

Steam on PS3 with portal 2 was one of my favorite gaming developments this year. Meaning that The PS3/PC/Mac versions of the game can play together and ironically the 360 version can't.

Though I would be just fine to play on 24 player servers with console players, if it meant that a few of my friends that don't have computers that are ideal for BF3, could just play on their consoles with my and my friends that don't have consoles.

Comment

Re: Battlefield 3 on PS3 on Jimmy Fallon this Thursday

I am guessing it is the PS3 version hell it might be the Xbox version as it doesn't say which.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
          I am really just surprised that they can even get the game to run on current consoles. I really don't expect it to look much better than BC2 on the consoles.

Comment

Re: Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon this Thursday

will they let him play? last night they showed uncharted 2 and it was mostly played by the rep.

Comment

I hope they let him play, the other day Gears 3 glitched and they had to end the demo.

Comment

Anybody catch it tonight? They showed off some gameplay from a scene in one of the Fault Line videos where the guy ahead of you gets sniped and you drag him back and there's a firefight in the parking lot.

They let Jimmy play about half way in. Showed off some nice destructible cover and it looked damn nice even for being on a console.

Comment

Video 1080p

Comment

Nah, I shouldn't laugh, I have a pretty thick accent too

Seriously, I would have no problem even if the game looked like that on the PC.
                    Eyecandy is fine for screenshots and showing the game to your friends, but gameplay doesn't depend on 1024 bit textures.

Comment

Working...
                    X