Crysis 2 Pulled from Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 2 Pulled from Steam

UPDATE: It's official: Crysis 2 is Origin Exclusive.

Original: EA seems to have pulled Crysis 2 from the Steam store. Interestingly enough, it IS available on their own Origin download service. Curious, isn't it?

Indeed, any search of Crysis 2 on the Steam store page yields results only for the first game. There is no store page on Steam for Crysis 2, no mention of it, not even an option to purchase the game anymore. However, it seems as though those who purchased the game earlier through Steam can still access their title.

With Star Wars: The Old Republic being an Origin exclusive, and now the mysterious disappearance of Crysis 2 from Steam, is EA pulling all of its titles from Steam for the foreseeable future? It'd be rather worrying if they do, especially if Battlefield 3 goes the same route.

Re: Crysis 2 Pulled from Steam

Oh don't even joke about that being the case for bf3...

Even though I didn't have any problems with ea download manager/ea link, I know many that did, so unless they have a good team dealing with potential issues with this distribution service or not make it origin-exclusive in the first place I can definitely see trouble afoot!

Lets just hope thy go for as many distribution mediums as possible including steam

Comment

First guess from me would be that steam ran out of CD keys. It has happened before with Prey for example, which isn't on steam anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli Gill
        Oh don't even joke about that being the case for bf3...

Even though I didn't have any problems with ea download manager/ea link, I know many that did, so unless they have a good team dealing with potential issues with this distribution service or not make it origin-exclusive in the first place I can definitely see trouble afoot!

Lets just hope thy go for as many distribution mediums as possible including steam
        If they want to beat CoD they have to get the game on every distribution medium possible.

Comment

Remember, this is EA we are talking about. They seem to mean well for us that are too positive but they do not think very hard about what they do, or who will get cut off from use for that matter.

Comment

Working...
          X