EB Games Breaks Duke Nukem Forever Street Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB Games Breaks Duke Nukem Forever Street Date

Is anybody honestly surprised here? For those who missed the obvious headline, it seems as though EB Games has broken the street date for Duke Nukem Forever in the land down under, Australia.

The retailer even went so far as to post this image on their Facebook wall to announce the immediate availability of the game!

Do you want more proof? You've got it! Twitter user, TastyWheat, posted this image from a different retailer, JB HIFI.

It seems as though EB Games brought their giant balls of steel to the plate today. More retailers will more than likely follow suit. Obviously, no word yet on broken street dates in North America or other regions.

Anybody else find it supremely amusing how an early release for what is probably the most over the top, juvenile title released in recent memory happens in Australia, a place known to ban just about any game of questionable content?

But its the 9th here?

Comment

Re: EB Games Breaks Duke Nukem Forever Street Date

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      But its the 9th here?
      Yes, and?

The release date for everywhere but NA is the 10th. It's still the 9th in Australia, roughly around 5PM there, give or take.

NA's release is the 14th.

Comment

Oh right ok i thought the release date was the 9th, my bad

I wonder who will get fired at EB games for this :P

Comment

EB Games are claiming that the SMS company they contracted released their SMS early (http://playstrat.blogspot.com/2011/0...y-release.html)

Comment

Think you guys might need to look into why EB had to break street date - PS. that 2nd image is JB HiFi picture - nice support there fool

Comment

The funny thing is, that is a picture from JB breaking the release date lol :P
              Though it turns out both JB and EB broke release date.

Comment

Come get some!

I dont think anything bad will happen. ITS THE DUKE! No one is going to fire anyone because trying to contain The Duke is like trying to tell Chuck Norris not to round house kick his enemy.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Ok, bit of an FYI. First of all, the second picture ABOVE is ACTUALLY from a JB HIFI store, NOT an EB Games store!!!

Secondly, I work at an EB Games store, and the Toys R Us store in our shopping centre (or shopping mall if this is an american site) actually began selling Duke early. We found out about this, and then followed company street date break procedure that allowed us to begin selling. This included notifying head office, who then gave the go ahead to us and many other stores (and also would have informed the moderators of the FB page to let people know online that they could go and get it). I'm not sure if this was the only place that it broke early, but EB Games would NEVER break the street date themselves, there are so many strict procedures in place, its not even worth it for the company because of the repercussions and fines etc. The only thing is that 99% of ppl buying the game wont get it from somewhere like Toys R Us, and if they did, they probably wouldn't even know what the street date was anyway, so no one knows about it!

Comment

Yeah, Can confirm its available here. Saw it in my local EB games... which is having a sale now... but I need to save up for the rest of my new PC, and 2 concerts... GAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Ok, bit of an FYI. First of all, the second picture ABOVE is ACTUALLY from a JB HIFI store, NOT an EB Games store!!!

Secondly, I work at an EB Games store, and the Toys R Us store in our shopping centre (or shopping mall if this is an american site) actually began selling Duke early. We found out about this, and then followed company street date break procedure that allowed us to begin selling. This included notifying head office, who then gave the go ahead to us and many other stores (and also would have informed the moderators of the FB page to let people know online that they could go and get it). I'm not sure if this was the only place that it broke early, but EB Games would NEVER break the street date themselves, there are so many strict procedures in place, its not even worth it for the company because of the repercussions and fines etc. The only thing is that 99% of ppl buying the game wont get it from somewhere like Toys R Us, and if they did, they probably wouldn't even know what the street date was anyway, so no one knows about it!
                      Thanks Anon for clearing up a few things.

Crunch

Comment

... But it's tied to Steam, meaning I still can't play this until the 14th.

Comment

My brother bought the game yesterday on Xbox 360 (he pre-ordered even though I warned him to wait for reviews. I played it 3 hours and stopped, the game is far from the greatness of DN3D, it looks like one of the very first Xbox360 games in term of graphics, the level design is horrible, loading times are horrible, the feeling of movement and weapons is meh, the humor is barely ok.

The review of the biggest french website gave it a 11/20 and the reviewer was a big fan of Duke 3D and its extensions...

Comment

This would be the first thing DNF ever did ahead of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                              This would be the first thing DNF ever did ahead of schedule.
                              LOL, very true. +rep

I knifed a guy today with the name Artillary Magnet in BC2. That wasnt you was it?

Yeah, DNF isnt going to be great. Its an old style game that was redone by another studio. They did it to do it. Its a piece of history. It will be a fun slapstick game for most.

You cant compare it to something as great as DN3D, it was its prime at the time and thats gone now.

Kinda like some of the people that compare every aspect of BF3 to BF2. To them BF3 is going to fail big time and its nothing more than a console port of Bad Company.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X