Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Demo Confirmed for E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Demo Confirmed for E3

According to the latest Battlefield blog that was just posted, EA and DICE will be showing off the multiplayer for Battlefield 3 next week at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

The blog continues on to say that features such as the co-op campaign, team deathmatch mode, and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog feature will all not be shown at E3. Battlelog is a web service "featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more."

Oh yeah, all of that promised for the Battlelog? Free.

so i guess beta is not to far away then?

Comment

Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Demo Confirmed for E3

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
      team deathmatch mode,

WHAT!??!?!?!?!!

Comment

Oh man i cant wait :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
          WHAT!??!?!?!?!!
          I agree completely. Im now extremely worried.

Comment

I wonder if they had been planning this Battlelog for a while or if it is a recent addition to compete with CoD Elite. It definitely seems to be exactly the same.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Team deathmatch... I guess everything was too good to be true after all.

Comment

FFS people, it's a game type, one of many. Calm down.

Comment

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with TDM. Most people play conquest as TDM anyway.

Comment

lol, tdm to me = no vehicles, wich is bad

Comment

Don't you mistake with infantry only mode? Or squad deathmatch in BC2 (with only one neutral vehicle)?

But I agree I fail to see the point of this game mode if it's only removing the flag, I hope it's more like the Squad Deathmatch mode in BC2 which was different enough than the Conquest mode.

Comment

I think a TDM mode could keep the people who only play conquest for kills and don't play the objective away from conquest. Maybe.

And why can't TDM have vehicles?

Comment

what about SQDM?

Comment

Death match says small maps to me:evil:, why not capture the flag like the first BF?

Comment

I think a TDM mode could keep the people who only play conquest for kills and don't play the objective away from conquest. Maybe.
                              Yes true, it could remove some of the people playing conquest only for frags.

And Deathmatch doesn't mean small maps, it means no flags, although they will have to come with a new spawn system on big maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X