Gamestar Magazine Battlefield 3 Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gamestar Magazine Battlefield 3 Summary

I hate the general tendency to fill shooters with non-shooting activities. The AC-130 missions etc were cool, but now you get stealth missions, driving mission, and what you could call platform missions with all that running, jumping and especially falling.

If that was what I wanted, I would have bought Tomb raider and not a FPS.
    Quick time events are even worse because they are just an obstacle preventing me from playing the real game until I master some stupid keypress sequence.

I would have preferred if they had not wasted time on this, but now that they have I at least want it to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      QQ moar, shall we?

According to this information the quick time events are only in SP, which you guys don't even care about at all, so why are you complaining? Quick time events are a staple of many console games, but that doesn't mean the whole of BF3 is being "consolized;" that's called jumping to conclusions. Plus, there's nothing wrong with them if they're not overdone and done tastefully, I think, especially in a story mode sort of setting.
      I care about singleplayer.

Metro 2033 is a great singleplayer game, but its quicktime events just don't fit in with the game. It takes away from the game's immersion.

Comment

ORGASM????

Comment

I only play Battlefield for the multiplayer anyways, so I'm not fussed about the singleplayer.

Comment

Even though BF fans dont give a rats about single player we should all care that this game does not turn into a Cod clone.Lots of small changes and one day the whole game will be very different.:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
              QQ moar, shall we?

According to this information the quick time events are only in SP, which you guys don't even care about at all, so why are you complaining? Quick time events are a staple of many console games, but that doesn't mean the whole of BF3 is being "consolized;" that's called jumping to conclusions. Plus, there's nothing wrong with them if they're not overdone and done tastefully, I think, especially in a story mode sort of setting.
              I agree with this and iv never even done one. It could be something I think is stupid but still probably wouldn't bother me to be in the game.

Comment

Just give me 64x players, LARGE maps like BF2/DC, prone for those "cannot be arsed days", a good mix of vehicles, and let the players do the rest, BF2 for 2011, dont need no console dribble . I couldnt care about singleplayer, Battlefield has always been about the mp & GAMEPLAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Just give me 64x players, LARGE maps like BF2/DC, prone for those "cannot be arsed days", a good mix of vehicles, and let the players do the rest, BF2 for 2011, dont need no console dribble . I couldnt care about singleplayer, Battlefield has always been about the mp & GAMEPLAY.
                  Honest to God. I hope you never register. This sentiment is starting to drive me crazy.

Comment

WARGASM!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X