Duke Nukem Forever Maximum PC Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Forever Maximum PC Article

Maximum PC has a fantabulous seven page spread of everyone's favorite foul mouthed badass, Duke Nukem, for Duke Nukem Forever. The article is also up on their website and can be viewed, free of charge.

The article kicks things off with an in-depth interview with George Broussard and continues on to talk to Gearbox's Randy Pitchford.

You now own the Duke Nukem license in its entirety. Congratulations! So, what's the future hold now that you're in control? Just on a conceptual level, do you think the Duke formula needs a modern reinvention?

Randy Pitchford:
    I think he’ll be there just fine. But my goal with the franchise is, I really want to lower the bar. [Laughs]. I think you know what I mean by that. Duke can get away with so much that’s not possible with so many game franchises. Everybody’s taking themselves so seriously.

What’s cool about Duke Nukem is that what’s going on in his world is actually serious in his world. But in our world, it’s almost like a funhouse mirror version of the real world. And when we see it, it’s hilarious. It’s just entertainment, you know. But in his world, that ****’s going down like that. And it’s just so great to have a brand where you can do that.

My hope is to create entertainment – to have the world entertained by that. But Duke continues to be just as important and relevant as always. I think Duke is one of the most iconic characters in all of videogames. We’ll see what happens with DNF, but I think we’re going to have a lot of fun with it, and I think Duke’s going to continue to be relevant.

As noted, head on over to Maximum PC for the full article, new information, interviews, and more!

Hail to the King Baby!
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Working...
    X