Black Op Developers Busy on Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Op Developers Busy on Fixes

Ghost-Ryder, on the fpsadmin.com forums, posted up this quick list of items mentioned by pcdev on Twitter:
    • we have a very organized effort to gather info from the cod pc forums. other places too, but there is a sure bet.
    • we've had some backend issues that may have caused data validation failures in some cases. very sorry about that. we are fixing.
    • we are aware of long shader compile times on nvidia 4 series cards causing hitching. working with nvidia on a fix.
    • TBH I'm not sure yet what is causing killcam choppiness, but we see it too. Will fix.
    • /connect is coming back. maybe not next patch but I promise it is coming back.
    • we will improve rcon tool based on community feedback
    • watch for jc_2020's sticky on posting a minidump coming soon. This will help us fix.
    • yes all pc cods server browsers have suffered from consumer routers overflowing their routing tables. few could show 10K+ servers
    • We have some nice optimizations for better FPS going into QA tomorrow

The list seems to keep growing and it looks like they are setting up a way to submit game dump files to help troubleshoot issues.

You can read more on the list and other issues on the twitter page.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Black Op Developers Busy on Fixes

Glad to hear it! I'm immensely enjoying the game right now, so hopefully they can fix the issues popping up/causing some problems so this game shine to its max! Glad they are working so diligently also.

Comment

Outside im content, inside im squealing like a little girl.

Comment

good news but.......

why did they not do a public beta to iron all these bugs out???
        crazy we are in 2010 and they still dont do it

Comment

Originally posted by ^Garf*uk*
          good news but.......

why did they not do a public beta to iron all these bugs out???
          crazy we are in 2010 and they still dont do it
          Most likely the sales people. They didn't want any part of the game to be released to the public before release. Which is dumb.

Comment

Generally I've noticed that they don't do betas or demos these days when they know something is really going to piss everyone off.

Look at MW2. "Trust me (trollface.jpg), IWnet is a great experience out of the box. There won't be any lag or cheaters at all. You just have to pay $60 to try it out and I'm sure you'll like it. (More trollface.jpg)"

Now it's BO. "This game is going to be on dedicated servers, so it's going to be awesome with all of these cool features and Combat Training and everything."
            Then the dedicated servers are laggier than IWnet was half of the time, and everything requires a constant connection to the internet even if there is no REAL reason for it. No offline Zombies or Combat Training against freaking local bots, so you have the same stats update-induced lag? If they had let us know that we'd be lagging on local stuff, I'm sure it would have hurt sales.

Comment

I honestly think they didn't know about the stats update lag. I doubt they tested the game anywhere that didn't have a business class connection with high upload speeds, so they probably didn't know about the lag until it was released and people with low upload speeds started experiencing it.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

fix spawn system?

Comment

i don't think the stuttering can be 100% fixed as long as they do the stats streaming and saving all your matches. i mean it's not as bad as day 1, but it's still there and seems to come up at the most inopportune times, causing you to lose gunfights.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                    fix spawn system?
                    David Vonderhaar (sp?) said they are going to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      i don't think the stuttering can be 100% fixed as long as they do the stats streaming and saving all your matches. i mean it's not as bad as day 1, but it's still there and seems to come up at the most inopportune times, causing you to lose gunfights.
                      I can see constant stats updating in multiplayer, to a point. But why did they do it in Combat Training, a mode that should be offline? What's the point of even playing CT if you have to be online anyway? The only reason I played Instant Action against bots in BF2 and UT/2k4 was if I was at a remote location and didn't have internet access. If someone can play online, why would they ever want to play Combat Training?

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                      David Vonderhaar (sp?) said they are going to fix it
                      The problem is this: the spawns were just as asstastic when WaW came out. Then they tweaked the spawn logic and made it somewhat better. WHY DID THEY NOT IMPLEMENT THE FIX THEY USED IN WaW?

Comment

If they patch this up right like they did with World at War the outcome is a very decent and fun Cod to hopefully look forward too.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          The problem is this: the spawns were just as asstastic when WaW came out. Then they tweaked the spawn logic and made it somewhat better. WHY DID THEY NOT IMPLEMENT THE FIX THEY USED IN WaW?
                          Too easy

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Hanley
                            If they patch this up right like they did with World at War the outcome is a very decent and fun Cod to hopefully look forward too.
                            By the time they really fixed the last one, the population had been decimated and most people had written it off...

Comment

this makes me sick...

Comment

Working...
                              X