Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes Coming to Bad Company 2

Zh1nt0 had posted on his twitter a link to the Bad Company 2 forums:

Some fixes are coming for Bad Company 2 for PC, people!
    Now.. we want to announce these first fixes we have made and let you know that these are just one part of a bigger list of updates that we are going to release very soon. This update will also require server downtime

This is what we can confirm for now:

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
    Removed the blue box behind the chat window.

- The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.

- 3D vision fixed.
    <!--more-->

Some interesting things mentioned about this next patch. It is not a lot of information, but perhaps the two largest is hit detection is changing in BC2 again and will be more MoH style. Which I find funny as I thought the MoH style felt like BC2 hit detection.

The other big one is the immunity spawn. Looks like that could be good. I would think just shortening the time would have been fine. A lot of people argue that there is no reason to have it, though I myself disagree as it helps give people a chance to get away from a bad spawn or someone who is camping an area.

Another item mentioned that is not on the list, but was in the forum discussion, is that this patch is going to attempt to get rid of the large blue chatscreen that no one is suppose to notice. We have talked about that in this post here.

So this is not a complete list and no date set on when these fixes will be released, but what are your thoughts on these changes? They don't seem small or trivial to me and I think they will change how the game plays, do you?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Changes Coming to Bad Company 2

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
    More like "You don't need the SpecAct bronze stars anymore sine we're not going to "include" it".

And they should really entirely remove the 2sec immunity when being reanimated by a medic and spawning on your mates, I never seen something so annoying. It was fine in BF2.

Comment

Damned hotel internet killed my first attempt at a post...

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

- One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
      Removed the blue box behind the chat window.
      Originally posted by Infernalis
      More like "You don't need the SpecAct bronze stars anymore sine we're not going to "include" it".
      The tracer dart was never a requirement. He's lying. Again, DICE think their customers are ****ing idiots.
      Everyone knows that it's the SPECACT Bronze stars stopping people from getting the insignias. Many of us have proof.
      Does this mean we'll never see the SPECACT kits on the PC? I don't even think I care anymore. Between frustration at basic stuff being screwed up and lies from DICE and a severe case of mapathy, I haven't even played the game since early September. I keep hoping they'll fix it. Naive, I guess.

It's nice that they're removing the blue chatbox that takes up nearly half of the screen. Are they getting rid of the stuttering lag that hits when a new line of chat comes in after 100 lines have been entered? They tried a band-aid that stopped individuals from causing it, but nothing stopping the actual problem.

Hitreg in MoH is just as bad, if not worse, than BFBC2. The hitboxes are still screwed up, with people getting shot and dying seconds after they've made it to cover on their clients. The shots are also hitscan, with no travel time. Is that what they plan to do in BFBC2? Make it worse?

Comment

^^^ i agree, even on low ping servers on MOH there are many times where i get killed well after i am behind cover. i dont really care about the Specact guns i never thought we would get them anyway, kinda like BF43.

i really had no problem with the hitboxes of BC2 in the first place........

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
          Hitreg in MoH is just as bad, if not worse, than BFBC2. The hitboxes are still screwed up, with people getting shot and dying seconds after they've made it to cover on their clients. The shots are also hitscan, with no travel time. Is that what they plan to do in BFBC2? Make it worse?
          True, I don't see any improved hit detection in MoH.
          But I don't believe it is hitscan in MoH. Try shooting down an UAV, you will need to lead it by a bit.

Comment

why the heck are they lying about the bronze star insignias? everyone knows the SPECACT is the reason, not tracer dart... why lie about stupid crap like this?

Comment

Why do they have to mess with the hit detection? Never had a problem hitting anything.

Comment

No graphic optimizations?!?! No fps improvements?!??" where is that ?!?! I DONT NEED "- 3D vision " !! I NEED MORE FPS

Comment

DICE caught in yet another lie and treating their customers like idiots? say it isn't so.......just better cross your fingers and hope they don't break something screwing around with the hit boxs because if they do it wont get fixed for months.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                    No graphic optimizations?!?! No fps improvements?!??" where is that ?!?! I DONT NEED "- 3D vision " !! I NEED MORE FPS
                    Its not a complete list. Though I doubt anymore optimization will be done on the DICE side of things.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I want to see any balance changes

as in M16, At4, G3 nerf reversions

Comment

How bout this ... change nothing, it works fine right now! No more nerfing, reverse nerfing, "improving" hit detection!

Comment

what does that client server thing fix?

Comment

how about removing rockets on infantry lock,its ruining the game

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
                              Why do they have to mess with the hit detection? Never had a problem hitting anything.
                              Prepare for dying while getting behind cover (or thinking you have) but after about a second or two you'll be quite dead and looking at the respawn screen.

That's the way it feels most of the time in MoH.

Comment

Working...
                              X