No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV Player Rage Quits and Causes Square Enix to Lose $26 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XIV Player Rage Quits and Causes Square Enix to Lose $26 Million

Geekosystem reports that an irate Square Enix fan and, now former, player of Final Fantasy XIV rage quit the MMO and took $26 million away from the company.

Apparently, the Japanese gamer held roughly 1% of Square Enix's total stock, valued at roughly $26 million (reports had Square Enix at being worth roughly $2.6 billion). The player was so upset by the game he decided to take matters into his own hands.

“First thing in the morning tomorrow, I intend to instruct those who manage my precious SquareEnix stock (however little it may be) to arrange to sell all of it. To Square, thank you for the enjoyment of your products up until now, with the exception of this last one. Goodbye.”

Five days later, Square Enix's stock dropped from 1800 Yen per share to just 1735 per share, with a total reduction of $26 million.

What started out merely as a baseless rumor seems to have gained a bit of steam as being factual given the severe drop in stock price. This, if true, might be the most dramatic rage quit in the history of gaming.

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Player Rage Quits and Causes Square Enix to Lose $26 Million

I so wanted to get this game and play it but after reading all the horrible reviews and player feedback I am glad I didn't. Who knows maybe SE will work the kinks out of the game. Will have to wait and see what kind of rating it gets when it comes out for the PS3, if it even does now after this.

Comment

Working...
    X