Brian Wood of Relic Entertainment Gave His Life to Save His Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wood of Relic Entertainment Gave His Life to Save His Family

Relic Entertainment's Brian R. Wood gave his life to save the life of his wife and unborn child. His final moments came at the hands of a speeding female driver, Jordyn B. Weichert, as her Chevy Blazer struck Wood's Subaru, driving on top of it and killing Brian instantly.

Brian's wife, Erin Wood, escaped the accident with a non-life threatening head injury thanks to Brian's final actions. Right before the moment of impact, Brian hit the break and cut the wheel and directed the brunt of the impact upon his side of the vehicle, sparing the life of his wife and unborn child.

A Chevy Blazer, with four occupants, crossed the centre line when the driver tried to take her sweater off while driving, asking the other front passenger to take the wheel at the time.

When Wood braked and swerved slightly, the Blazer continued forward, its momentum driving it over top of the Subaru, the wheels crushing the roof of the smaller car killing Wood and causing his wife to suffer a non-life-threatening head injury as well.

It then launched into the air before crashing to the ground. When it was returned to its wheels, the entire upper portion of the SUV was flat - in line with the hood.

Washington State Patrol found evidence of drug use at the accident scene in the SUV. All of the occupants are well know to police.

"There is quite a drug history there... and we found some evidence of that at the scene so that leads us to believe there were drugs in their systems," said Sgt, Jason Longoria.

Two of the three passengers in the SUV were also killed in the accident. The driver of the SUV, Weichert, is being held on charges of three counts of vehicular homicide and one count of vehicular assault. The third passenger, the one who grabbed the wheel as Weichert attempted to remove her sweater, is being investigated for the same charges.

"He was always sacrificing himself for me and the baby," said Erin Wood.

"He was the most amazing warm-hearted man you would ever meet who loved his job, loved his family, and was just my rock.

"I am not quite sure how I am supposed to live the rest of my life without him. He truly was a gift and I wouldn’t change a thing of any of our moments together.

"(The baby is) due Nov. 5 so it will come quick and then I look forward to seeing little glimpses of Brian in our baby and that gives me a lot of strength right now."

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Brian and the Wood family.

Re: Brian Wood of Relic Entertainment Gave His Life to Save His Family

Prayers go out to his family. God be with you Brian.

Comment

Such a sad story, but he died saving the people he loved. R.I.P Brian.

Comment

Truly Sad. Any man who jeopardizes their safety for anthers gets much respect from me. Nothing but it for Brian here.

Comment

what an honorable thing to do... But it is sad that his baby will never know his/her father, but they will know of the sacrifice that was made

What did relic entertainment do?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
            what an honorable thing to do... But it is sad that his baby will never know his/her father, but they will know of the sacrifice that was made

What did relic entertainment do?
            Company Of Heroes comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              Company Of Heroes comes to mind.
              I think he means about the Death of one of their employee's.

Comment

no, I meant gamewise.

Comment

He certainly was from the company of heroes for sacrificing himself for his family, R.I.P Brian.

Comment

Working...
                  X