Crysis 2 Delayed Until 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 2 Delayed Until 2011

During a conference call with investors today, it was revealed that Crysis 2 was pushed back until "early 2011."

Originally slated for release this Fall, the sequel to Crysis won't see the light of day until January at the earliest or March at the latest, assuming it isn't delayed again. During the call it was explained that the reason for the delay was to give developer, Crytek, more time to polish the game and because the early 2011 time frame was a more "attractive" release window for the title.

Re: Crysis 2 Delayed Until 2011

Well, at least this way it won't be competing with Halo: Reach, Black Ops and Medal of Honor directly. A fall release would be harder on sales in a sea of other shooters that are already established on the consoles.

Wonder what they'll blame if it "only" sells two million copies, though?

Comment

but it will be optimised for the pc. you do know that its a port right (to consoles if you didnt get that.) im pretty upset that its on consoles in the first place because it wont fully utilise cryengine3 and be help back by the ancient chipsets in the 360 and ps3.

sorry for the rant but thats pretty bs.

Comment

Crytek have always been very friendly towards modders and fairly involved in the community. So while the PC version might not push the boundaries as much as some would like, I think it's safe to say we're going to get a lot of goodies with the game, unless EA has some bright idea saying otherwise.

Comment

thanks for the info, better be getting me another 5770

Comment

its basically on the CE3 which is a more scalable version of the CE2 with some other improvements

so while the consoles will be able to run it the PC will still be able to turn up the visuals juice, some of the lighting effects the CE3 is capable of alone are mindblowing

but while the delay is a bit annoying I think it will be more convenient, as I have GT5 and Fallout New Vegas to play during that time already

Comment

Working...
            X