Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Added to Medal of Honor Limited Edition

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
    i guess my worst fears have been confirmed...............BF3 is multiplatform and will inevitably get dumbed down in development because of the limitations of console hardware, cant be to easy to develop a next gen game around 7 year old hardware with the PC gamers as an afterthought.
    Yeah, I'm officially done with battlefield. I've been a dedicated fan since 1942, but this is the final straw.

EDIT: Why do I have negative reps?

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
      Yeah, I'm officially done with battlefield. I've been as dedicated fan since 1942, but this is the final straw.
      What he said :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
        Yeah, I'm officially done with battlefield. I've been as dedicated fan since 1942, but this is the final straw.
        Same:cry:

Comment

You all don't even know anything about BF3 and yet you are bashing it already. ROFLMAO

Not even a single screenshot, and you all say you are done.

You guys are a joke. I look forward to seeing every one of you with a BF3 Stats sig when the game is released. Mhm, you know it'll happen, but will deny it because of your whining. Sorry to say but consoles are leaps and bounds above PC's when it comes to gamer count. Why would they design a game specifically for PC? Because they "owe" us? lol .. the world is a money making business, especially now during this recession. They owe us nothing, DICE gave you all possibly thousands of hours of enjoyment between BF1942, BF2, BF2142 and BFBC2. Quit your crying.

Considering I now have the same hours played in BC2 as I did in BF2 over 2 years .. I'd say I am a fan.

Comment

I'm not done with battlefield ever, I'll just monitor some weeks after the release and if it sucks, then i wont buy.

Comment

it better be 64 this time with nice size maps

cant c it though :shakehead:

Comment

What a sad day for pc BF fans. FU DICE.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
                You all don't even know anything about BF3 and yet you are bashing it already. ROFLMAO

Not even a single screenshot, and you all say you are done.

You guys are a joke. I look forward to seeing every one of you with a BF3 Stats sig when the game is released. Mhm, you know it'll happen, but will deny it because of your whining. Sorry to say but consoles are leaps and bounds above PC's when it comes to gamer count. Why would they design a game specifically for PC? Because they "owe" us? lol .. the world is a money making business, especially now during this recession. They owe us nothing, DICE gave you all possibly thousands of hours of enjoyment between BF1942, BF2, BF2142 and BFBC2. Quit your crying.

Considering I now have the same hours played in BC2 as I did in BF2 over 2 years .. I'd say I am a fan.
                Sorry, PC had triple the players that consoles did combined at release.

Comment

Aww sheesh, misread.

For BC2, PC is the largest individual platform.

Comment

As long as the game is made for the PC (I don't care if they dumb it down for the consoles, just don't dumb it down for the PC) then I think it will be good. I wouldn't be surprised if they almost made 2 different games for PC/Consoles.

DICE knows it has an opportunity to grab the PC FPS market by the throat and make a brilliant game, with BC2 they had the excuse that it really was a console game, BF3 is a sequal (kinda) to BF2, so if it's been consolized and ****ed up for the PC, it's their mistake.

Comment

For all those years I have been saying Battlefield 3 exist and it will come some day...

Owned

But, console port, so it will prob suck.....

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                        As long as the game is made for the PC (I don't care if they dumb it down for the consoles, just don't dumb it down for the PC) then I think it will be good. I wouldn't be surprised if they almost made 2 different games for PC/Consoles.
                        That will never happen.

Comment

according to the twitter responses, BF3 will be powered with the frostbite 2 which is primary developed on DX 11 and 64 bit OS will be recommended, this means that the game will have full advantage of the tesselation feature and other things and will take full advantage of 8GB memory, so i do think the game will be somethin BIG

Comment

i still say they will pay more attention to the console versions just like they did with BC2.
                            i wish they would do better PC optimizations though, BC2 was pretty disappointing in terms of frame rates.

Comment

[/COLOR]
                              Originally posted by Levente
                              according to the twitter responses, BF3 will be powered with the frostbite 2 which is primary developed on DX 11 and 64 bit OS will be recommended, this means that the game will have full advantage of the tesselation feature and other things and will take full advantage of 8GB memory, so i do think the game will be somethin BIG

ohh it will be big on the PC, there's no doubt and that twitter info is interesting but i would take anything a dice developer says on twitter with a grain of salt, anything they say at all for that matter........cough cough......BF1943........

I don't think there will really be anyone who wont buy it but once again it will not be the golden egg we have all been looking for and been assured was out there, when your developing a game with the PC gamer as an afterthought and consoles getting most of the intensive attention it's always going to leave the PC gamer hurting with poor optimization and missing features.

They have to dumb down their initial expectations and development desires/plans to run on a $100 6 year old xbox360 then artificially inflate that dumbed down version for the PC. it's not boding to well for the PC gamer and DICE these days with all the misleading information and failure to meet release dates, they have displayed a really nasty habit of biting off a hell of allot more than they can chew in the development department and inevitably spreading the developers WAY to thin. I'm still waiting for some BF1943 on the PC but it looks like I'll have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus before i see some zeros screaming through a frostbite sky at 2560x1600.........http://www.vg247.com/2010/07/30/ea-i...still-unknown/

Comment

As *FMJ* Power puts it...............the dumbing down of Bf for the PC gaming community. No more quality........then no more buy!

Comment

Working...
                                X