Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 Beta Added to Medal of Honor Limited Edition

This just in from the BF Blog:

Electronic Arts Inc. today revealed new details of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will be released in North America on October 12, 2010. The Limited Edition* features a host of weapons, powerful ammunition and camouflage. The weapons and camouflage give players a tactical gameplay advantage on day one. EA also announced today that people who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

This Sunday August 1, be sure to check out a 100% all-new Medal of Honor gameplay trailer directed by Linkin Park’s Joe Hahn. The trailer will feature in-game footage set to the band’s recently-announced single ‘The Catalyst’ at www.medalofhonor.com/linkinpark. More details about the Battlefield 3 beta itself can also be found at www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3.

Medal of Honor Limited Edition also features special content out-of-the-box including the MP-7, a weapon utilized by real-world Tier 1 Operators in the field. With its light weight, high rate of fire as well as its ability to penetrate body armor, the MP-7 handles like a pistol yet allows targets to be engaged like a rifle. The Limited Edition also includes two powerful shotguns with custom slugs. These devastating shotguns and ammunition are ideal for close-range fights.

* The PlayStation 3 version of the Limited Edition also includes the classic, Medal of Honor Frontline™ completely remastered in HD. **Restrictions and conditions apply to Beta offer. See http://www.ea.com/beta for details.

Source...

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Added to Medal of Honor Limited Edition

Thinking of something to say... Sort of expected. Nothing to say.

Comment

Haven't almost all the original people who worked on Battlefield 2 left DICE now?

Observing from the MOH beta point of view it seems like DICE has taken a huge hit in the talent pool, MOH feels so stripped down from even Bad Company 2 that DICE should be embarrassed for releasing it at all. A paycheck is a paycheck I guess.

I wasn't expecting Battlefield 3 to be a console centric game, with EA pushing the pay-to-play initiative in APB I thought they would go that route, I'm not sure which is worse.

Comment

Is there some sort of fail contest going on in the gaming industry ?

This is getting so ridiculous that I can't even be upset anymore.

It's like watching a bunch of chimps with guns sucking on crackpipes from a safe distance.

BF4 will be console exclusive with Kinect and Move support !

Comment

i guess my worst fears have been confirmed...............BF3 is multiplatform and will inevitably get dumbed down in development because of the limitations of console hardware, cant be to easy to develop a next gen game around 7 year old hardware with the PC gamers as an afterthought.

Comment

yay32playerbfgameagain

Comment

In is just plain dumb to think that BF3 would not be multi-platform. Console users dwarf PC gamers by a wide margin. It would be financially stupid for Dice/EA to exclude console users from BF3.

All that said, I find it just a bit over the top that they are packaging the BF3 beta with what looks to be a very substandard game in MOH. It is kind of like paying for a movie ticket because you want to see the newest trailer for some future movie.

Smart business move, I guess.

Comment

yayanotheconsoleport

Comment

Yay, jumping to conclusions.

I remain cautiously optimistic still. BF3 seems to have been under development for a very long time, and I doubt they can't develop the engine any further. BFBC2, with its flaws, is still a quality game in my opinion. I would probably have settled for BFBC2 being BF3 if it had an editor and mod support (and better patching maybe ).

There are little things they could do to make a proper PC version. They could make the maps for the PC version first, as large as they want them, then use smaller versions of the same map for consoles (think 16p vs 64p map sizes in BF2/2142).

Comment

Yeah, nice try. Still not buying that crap.

EDIT: Just read through the site. They don't even know if and when there will be the BF3 beta.

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release.
                    So basically they are saying, "After MoH is out, we will start working full time on BF3. Hopefully we can rush it enough to get a beta out."

Comment

...Unless Dice can actually pull something incredible off and at the very least offer something near as good as BF2 and 2142, I will no longer have them on my developer interest list.

This was my last speck of hope that I thought Dice might have one more trick up their sleeve for the PC hardcore, but no, most likely it will be another arcadelike pit battle.

I'm so f*cking sick of the current generation of shooter gamers; everyone wants something easy, simple; as long as it has fancy graphics and doesnt require you to think too hard to kill some people, so you feel like you're an asskicker, they're into it. Granted this mainly refers to the younger audience, as I know the people who play CoD just because it requires substancially less skill and strategy than many stellar online shooters to get points. It's just frustrating esentially seeing games and concepts getting "dumber" as the generation follows.

Comment

I smell a complete dissapointment ahead for all Battlefield die hard fans . . im waiting for BF4

Comment

If BF3 turns into the failure we all are praying wont happen, I think Im crossing off BF4 from my list. I am just extremely dissappointed that I got into battlefield too late, and call of duty, and pretty much everyother game that had a Massive PC gaming following in the last 10 years

Comment

Ah, so they are finding original ways in order to re-sell mw2!

Comment

Just dont tell me it will be another game in frostbite engine.....
                              just make a new engine with real destructon physics or improve A LOT the frostbite one otherwie we will be playing bfbc2 again, or moh again.
                              Specially if the player number is 32.
                              Specially if the maps are for 32 players
                              Specially if the sounds, vehicle models and textures, hud and animations will be the same
                              Specially if it is a console port.
                              Specially if there are no planes
                              Specially if there are no map/editing tools like bf2
                              Specially if there is no bfrecorder
                              I hope Rambo is not right:
                              Originally posted by Rambo
                              By the way! it seems 1943 is completely forgotten?i smell fail port or have they made it into bf3

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

............................pr..........p........p rone.......*Cough* *Cough*................

Comment

Working...
                              X