Steam 2010 UI Update Available Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam 2010 UI Update Available Now

The 2010 overhaul update to the Steam UI that was in beta for about a month or so, has officially been released to all Steam client users!

This new version of Steam enhances the way users buy and play games, providing more info about the things that matter - getting games, playing them with friends, and staying current in the gaming world. For more information, and to install Steam, visit http://store.steampowered.com/uiupdate.

As noted, you can check out the UI Update page at Steampowered for more details. If you didn't like the look of the client while it was in beta, well too bad. You don't have a choice now!

While we've got your attention, the Mac Steam client should be along any day now, and there was apparently a Linux client spotted by a number of people until Valve yanked the page for it from Steampowered. "A Linux client, you say?" Indeed, I say.

Re: Steam 2010 UI Update Available Now

Am I the only one having major problems with this? It automatically starts up with three windows, but if you close any of them they instantly re-open. I have to keep using task manager to close it. And it's generally incredibly sluggish.

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
      Am I the only one having major problems with this? It automatically starts up with three windows, but if you close any of them they instantly re-open. I have to keep using task manager to close it. And it's generally incredibly sluggish.
      I am not having the three window thing. On the sluggish side, go to STEAM>>SETTINGS>>DOWNLOAD and see if it is set to the correct internet speed for you.

I also notice that friend messages dont seem to pop up or give audibles like they used to. I like the interface overall, but it seems a little clunky and buggy.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The Mini view fixed my complaints.

Comment

I like it, I have had the beta for a while and I feel it is a great improvement.

Comment

Some how my internet keeps discconecting while i m browsing between tabs

Comment

Working...
            X