Batman Arkham Asylum 2 to be "Really, Really Dark"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Arkham Asylum 2 to be "Really, Really Dark"

At a recent Kevin Conroy panel at the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo, the Batman: Arkham Asylum voice actor described the upcoming sequel as being "really, really dark." No, not dark in the Doom 3 sense, but dark as in disturbing, twisted, brutal.

Conroy, who voices Batman in the first game and the sequel, also made quick mention about the rest of the cast. Indeed, he does confirm that Two-Face is in the game.

Another fan tricked Conroy into revealing that Two-Face was a character in the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Asylum" sequel, causing a moment of silence from the actor while the audience laughed and cheered. "There's a very complicated cast," he laughed after collecting himself. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Conroy said that the "Arkham Asylum" sequel's tone would be reminiscent of "Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker," a famously dark project. "It's really, really dark," he said of the game in relation to "Return of the Joker." "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area - it's that dark."

At present, a release date is not yet known for the highly anticipated sequel.

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum 2 to be "Really, Really Dark"

I have never liked dark and twisted games...

Comment

They're gonna make a sequel? Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
        They're gonna make a sequel? Meh...
        You didn't know this? http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...rkham+asylum+2

Not to mention the ending left it completely open to one, and given the tremendous reception the first game received are you really surprised?

Comment

I hope it is.

Comment

Lol, I don't want to be a douche/skeptic/cynic, but I doubt it will ever really be that dark compared to the stuff that disturbs me.

Comment

Working...
            X