Sam & Max Invade Team Fortress 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam & Max Invade Team Fortress 2

To celebrate the release of the first chapter of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground, The Penal Zone, Valve and Telltale Games have teamed up to offer some special treats within Team Fortress 2.

To celebrate the release of The Penal Zone, the first episode in Sam & Max's new adventure, The Devil's Playhouse, the Telltale team has provided us with some awesome TF2 items. We're going to give them out to everyone who buys The Penal Zone in the next week.

That's right: one week only. It's like the Soldier medal all over again, except this time you have no excuse about being too asleep in bed to download it in time. The items:

Max's Severed Head
    - It's not often you're given the gift of a beloved character's decapitated head by the very studio responsible for that character. Still, we're not complaining. It's soft, it wicks away moisture in the heat of battle, it highlights our eyes. It's got us thinking about all the other game characters we could be wearing around as clothes.

Max's Pistol
    - Who wouldn't want to squeeze off a couple rounds with the murder weapon of choice of a sociopathic cartoon rabbit? Probably quite a lot of people, when you get right down to it. Luckily, those people are all well-adjusted contributors to society with no police records, spotless credit ratings and few unresolvable moral failings. They also probably have no interest in playing TF2, so that means more murder-rabbit gun shooting for the rest of us.

Sam's Revolver
    - This might look like an ordinary revolver, until you realize that it helps a talking dog solve crimes. How many crimes has YOUR dog solved lately? And let's face it, his revolver kind of sucks too. Man, we want to talk about this gun more, but we can't get over how much your dog sucks.

Head on over to Steam in order to check out The Devil's Playground and contemplate your purchase. Look out for TGN's review of the first chapter, The Penal Zone, later this week. Sneak peak: Our reviewer really, really enjoyed the game.<!--more-->

An update for TF2 was also just released tonight.

- Added Sam & Max items
    - Fixed the Demoman's Fro not cloaking properly when being used by a disguised Spy
    - Reduced the damage bonus the Equalizer receives as the player loses health
    - The speed boost was not changed

Community Request:
    - Added a flag to info_particle_system to mark particle systems as "weather" effects

Enjoy!

Re: Sam &amp; Max Invade Team Fortress 2

Pay 35 bucks for 3 TF2 items and a free ehh game.

Comment

No, you pay $35 for the game. Then receive 3 items along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by thejeran
        No, you pay $35 for the game. Then receive 3 items along with it.
        No ****, Sherlock.

Comment

tf2 is dead to me they realy screwed up the series all this crap they have inmplemented 80% of the servers are idle the rest contain ppl crying about hats ands stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
            tf2 is dead to me they realy screwed up the series all this crap they have inmplemented 80% of the servers are idle the rest contain ppl crying about hats ands stuff
            According to game-monitor, there are 274 servers with "idle" in the map name out of 4822, which is less than 6%. Also, I've never seen/heard anybody cry about hats and stuff. Some talk about them like which they prefer, but even that's only a very small percentage of the time.

Comment

Stay out of the TF2 steam forums and you're cool. :wee:

Comment

So you're upset about free updates to a game? H'okay then.

Comment

I think he is referring to the new format, I am not a big fan either.

Comment

The format that gives you free skins and other non-useful items for buying another game that you aren't being forced to buy?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X