Modern Warfare 3 Held Up By Lawsuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Warfare 3 Held Up By Lawsuits

It has now become clear what was meant by Activision when they claimed that Jason West's and Vince Zampella's actions have halted production on other Call of Duty titles. It now appears as though pre-production of Modern Warfare 3 has been halted because of the lawsuits between West and Zampella against Activision, and vice-versa.

According to the legal documents obtained by Kotaku, West and Zampella's attempts to form a spin-off studio have "delay(ed) pre-production of Modern Warfare 3." The apparently delay is also being used as "leverage in their negotiations with Activision".

As a result, it continues on to say that Activision has to allocate more of their resources towards the development of Modern Warfare 3 now.

"As a direct and proximate result of this breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, Activision has been forced to commit additional resources to Modern Warfare 3".

What does this all mean? Well, it means that Activision has just apparently announced Modern Warfare 3 by way of their court documents. Other than that, it's time to just take a "wait and see" attitude to see what comes of these lawsuits.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 Held Up By Lawsuits

Mw3 :facepalm:

Destined to become a bigger pile of pooh than MW2!!!!

Comment

I dunno, the part of my brain that thinks illogically in the back of my mind tells me that they are going to team up with bungee and make a game that makes master chief a descendant of Soap or Price... While unlikely I wouldnt be totally surprised if it happened...

Comment

Hopefully cod will just be shutdown. It should have ended with cod5. cod4 was my favorite though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
          Hopefully cod will just be shutdown. It should have ended with cod5. cod4 was my favorite though.
          Cod 4 was everyone's favourite.

Comment

I actually played WaW just as much as or more than MW or MW2. I played a lot of rifles-only, which sucked in MW and obviously didn't exist in MW2. It was like playing CoD2 again, only prettier! :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
              Cod 4 was everyone's favourite.
              vCoD and United Offensive were the best nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by lt.hanley
                vcod and united offensive were the best nuff said.
                qft!

Comment

Cod4 was the first cod I played, so I can't comment on vcod or united offensive.

Comment

Google RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
                      Google RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT
                      I submitted it for news over an hour ago. But news seems to be useless...

Jason West and Vincent Zampella's new call of duty

The duo behind the popular video game franchise plan a new company -- Respawn Entertainment -- and a distribution linkup with Electronic Arts.

Comment

Working...
                      X