2.5 Million Live Downloads for Modern Warfare 2 "Stimulus Package"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Million Live Downloads for Modern Warfare 2 "Stimulus Package"

Activision has announced that the "Stimulus Package" for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has set new sales records for Xbox Live on the Xbox 360. Within the first 24-hours of release the DLC pack that includes three new multiplayer maps and two old maps from the first Modern Warfare, sold over one million units.

During the first week of sales, an additional 1.5 million gamers purchased the DLC pack for $15 (USD) on Xbox Live. This makes for first week sales totaling 2.5 million units. The Stimulus Package is a timed exclusive to the Xbox 360, with a release coming later on the PlayStation 3 and PC platforms. Pricing and release dates for these two platforms is not yet known.

Re: 2.5 Million Live Downloads for Modern Warfare 2 "Stimulus Package"

$2.25 million
    ...jeeze

Comment

Originally posted by seoulspirit
      $2.25 million
      ...jeeze
      No, they sold 2.5 million UNITS at $15 EACH. $37,500,000 And since they recycled old maps and, from what I've heard, half-assed the others; it's pure profit.

They just proved that you can spoon-feed poo to console gamers and they will pay WHATEVER YOU DEMAND! Watch, the PS3 and PC gamers will be just as stupid.

Comment

this is just pathetic... IW needs to burn to the ground. This isnt business, this is extortion.

Comment

And yet people still pay.
          IW are doing nothing wrong, there is a saying "an item is only worth what people are willing to pay". This is proven as people are willing to pay $15 for maps, extortion or not - this could apply to many other companies and items.
          Every company is out to make money, just IW foreground that more than other companies.
          If people did want to make a statement they would need to not buy the damn thing, which is a great thing to do if you disagree with its price tag.

And Expletive they are not stupid, I am sure you spend money on items people would view as "a waste".
          And before i get flamed, I am neither supporting nor against IW.

Comment

This is hilarious, people *****, moan but still buy it like they cannot exist without it.

I've got to hand it to Activision by now, they know that gamers have absolutely ZERO tolerance and patience so they will buy, no matter the price.

Comment

Working...
            X