First Madden 11 Details and Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Madden 11 Details and Screenshots

IGN has the latest screenshots and information for EA Sports' Madden NFL 11. EA's Tiburon studio is paying special attention to receiver awareness this year and are making use of a "Catch Dugging Tool" to assist them in their endeavor.

The Catch Debugging Tool essentially allows developers to analyze and break down catch animations and the behaviors that lead to certain actions on the field. Aside from the miscues that I mentioned above, players in past Madden games seemed to have an incredible propensity for catching the ball and running the wrong way. Almost as though they were caught using turbo when running towards their own endzone. With the Catch Debugging Tool, EA Sports' Ian Cummings (creative director on Madden) told IGN that they've been able to get "frame-by-frame results of what catches best match the situation for all players involved as the ball is in the air." Cummings says that the end result for users is "a much larger variety of animations than ever before."

Not only will players recognize the boundaries of the field, but Cummings also said that they'd be fully aware of the location of first down markers. "We have specifically tuned and added support to make it so receivers wait for the ball on a curl and have awareness for the first down. Also, receivers will now be working to catch the ball in stride on crossing routes so they don't end up slowing down or losing yardage," said Cummings. He later conceded that receivers will occasionally lose yardage if it means coming back to the ball and avoiding an interception. I, for one, can live with that.

They also touched briefly on the improvements being made on the defense. Check out IGN for the rest of the article. A Madden NFL 11 blog is slated to arrive tomorrow from EA!

Re: First Madden 11 Details and Screenshots

Have been a Madden fan since '04, I can live with those changes too Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
    X