Metro 2033 Available in North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro 2033 Available in North America

Metro 2033, the latest FPS action title from THQ and 4A Games, is now available in North America.

In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.

The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.

You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.

Metro 2033 does feature some rather lofty system requirements, so be sure to check them out before you take the purchasing plunge.

Re: Metro 2033 Available in North America

I want this but need to save money.

Comment

You might want to check system requirements first.

Comment

I pass the recommended so it's cool.

I just can't bring myself to pay 40€ for a singleplayer only game... if I can find it cheaper somewhere I might get it right away. Definitely something I'll get eventually no matter what though.

Comment

This game looks simply amazing on low, easily comparable to stalker gfx.

Im really enjoying this game, great atmosphere and im actually having more enjoyment than I got from HL, I think that sums up how much I like this game

Comment

Kind of a Fallout 3-esqueness to it... How long's the gameplay Tim?

Comment

Im still not finished yet and I have sunk say around 4 and half hours into it. Its much more linear than Fallout 3 also, much more story driven but it does what its trying to do very well.

Comment

Do you guys think I'd be able to run it on this computer and get decent FPS?
                CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4 GHz
                GPU - ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB
                Motherboard - ATI Radeon XPRESS 200P RX480-A
                RAM - 1.5GB DDR
                OS - Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

Comment

Yes, depends on what rez also

Im running
                  e8400
                  8600gt
                  4gb ram
                  1024x768

and i get 30-40 fps on low (that looks good)

Comment

Some screens on low

Comment

Working...
                    X