$15 for Five Modern Warfare 2 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $15 for Five Modern Warfare 2 Maps

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, if you own an Xbox 360 and are hoping to dive right into the "Stimulus Package" DLC offering for Modern Warfare 2 expect to fork over 1200MS Points or $15 (USD). Let's not forget that two of those five maps are simple remakes from the original Modern Warfare!

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling revealed the pricing of the map pack on the latest Major Nelson podcast.

Be sure to keep in mind that the game's publisher, Activision, more than likely set the price point for this DLC release. In addition, let's not forget that the map pack will remain an exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of the game for a period of time. The amount of time that the DLC will remain an exclusive is not yet known, but once it is released on the PS3 and PC, don't expect there to be any price reduction!

Re: $15 for Five Modern Warfare 2 Maps

Wow, $15 for a map pack is kinda steep, especially when the game was $60. Under normal circumstances I would be surprised, but with Activision, not really anymore.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Guess now MW2 really dies, never thought they would figure out a way to make EA's crappy support look good. BTW BadCo2 is awesome.

Comment

I haven't played MW2 since BFBC2 came out - As a PC player - I will never pay for simple map pack.

Comment

Even if I did have the game there is no way I would pay that amount for maps. But the sad thing is is that people will pay that price for the maps and I am sure Activision will make a ton of money off of it. It is a vicious on going cycle.

Comment

It's like when you're on a carousel, it cannot be stopped
            /bad analogy

Comment

Call of Duty has officially been Activision'd (hey, if we use it enough it could become a new phrase).

Seriously, after bagging over half a billion dollars you would think the DLC for the game would be the cheapest yet, and here we are, around 10 pound for 3 NEW maps, and 2 remakes of old maps.

Heck, Euro Forces and Armored Fury on Bf2 were cheaper then that, and they were for games that had been out for over a year and a half... You can clearly see the true reasoning behind this DLC, and it's obviously not for a cure to "Mapathy" or whatever they call it.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                Seriously, after bagging over half a billion dollars you would think the DLC for the game would be the cheapest yet, and here we are, around 10 pound for 3 NEW maps, and 2 remakes of old maps.
                Yeah, freakin greedy basterds...

Comment

Lol I love how they call it 'Stimulus Package' What a crock.

Comment

Either they are real freakin' greedy, and Bobby Kotex wants more, or They Are REAL FREAKIN' Scared about the pending lawsuit!

Comment

Working...
                    X