OnLive Launching on June 10, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnLive Launching on June 10, 2010

OnLive, the games on demand distribution service, is slated to launch on June 10 of this year. Gamers can stream their favorite titles by way of a browser add-on for computers or a small device for use with television sets.

"This marks a huge milestone for both OnLive and the interactive entertainment landscape as a whole, changing the way that video games are developed, marketed, accessed and played," said Steve Perlman, Founder and CEO of OnLive. "We are opening the door to incredible experiences for gamers and enormous opportunities for developers and publishers."

Starting on June 17, 2010, the OnLive Game Service will be available to early registrants throughout the 48 contiguous United States. The initial offering will be supported by a $14.95 monthly service fee, which will provide access to an ever-increasing library of high-end, new-release, instant-play game content without the need to purchase expensive PC gaming or console systems.

Loyalty programs, such as multi-month pricing, and special offers will be announced by the start of E3. For starters, OnLive is announcing an exclusive, pre-registration offer, wherein the first 25,000 qualified registrants will have their OnLive $14.95 monthly service fee waived for the first three months of service. During this special three month introductory period, full versions of games will be available for purchase or rental on an à la carte basis. For important details regarding the OnLive Pre-registration special offer visit www.onlive.com/special1.

The OnLive service will feature streaming games to your PC, Mac, or television, cross-platform multiplayer, spectator abilities, clip capturing abilities, and more. Launch titles have not yet been finalized, but a few of the revealed titles include: Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Assassin's Creed II, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Borderlands, and Metro 2033.

More details can be found at the OnLive website.

Re: OnLive Launching on June 10, 2010

Reminds me of Game Tap. So it will let me play any game from their browser on any type of PC? Meaning I can still play the games even if my PC doesn't meet the requirements of the game?

I hope the games don't stream like the video did on their web site.

Comment

Re: OnLive Launching on June 10, 2010

Originally posted by stilla-killa
      Reminds me of Game Tap. So it will let me play any game from their browser on any type of PC? Meaning I can still play the games even if my PC doesn't meet the requirements of the game?

I hope the games don't stream like the video did on their web site.
      Would assume it does how else would it allow you to play a game without giving you a disc,

Comment

Working...
      X