Portal 2 Not Coming to the PS3, PlayStation 3 Owners Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal 2 Not Coming to the PS3, PlayStation 3 Owners Rage

The latest issue of Game Informer (you know, the one hitting subscribers' hands now with a massive Portal 2 blowout?) may have included a huge reason for PlayStation 3 owners to once again voice their disdain for Valve. Listed in the release platforms for Portal 2 are the Xbox 360, PC, and Mac. The obvious omission being the PlayStation 3 from the release list.

Needless to say, the fans are not pleased. PS3 owners on both the Game Informer forums and QJ.net are livid about this news. Here are a few choice comments.

**** Valve. Valve is a video games developer - their one purpose is to develop video games and they can't be bother to figure out how to develop for one of the major consoles.

Not that I'd buy the game on a console anyway (it's more of a PC game), but still, it's laziness. How come EVERY other major third-party dev has been able to figure the PS3 out?

-----

Even as a PS3 owner myself, I don't see the point in trying.

Valve is still full of Microsoft fanboys no matter what we think.

Even if they did make a PS3 version, they would make sure it was a piece of crap on our end. They would then wait 3 years later and then have their founder Gabe Newell come out and say, "Well I'm sorry you PS3 owners had to play this piece of crap. Does it make you want to buy an Xbox now?"

Although I like Portal, I despise Valve right now.

And yet, for Valve being "Microsoft fanboys" they curiously seem to forget that they're now working on Mac releases, but I digress. What is your take on the fact that another Valve title isn't making its way to the PlayStation 3?

Re: Portal 2 Not Coming to the PS3, PlayStation 3 Owners Rage

Moar gaming PCs sold in the last 5 years. The recent decline in grass prairies have made cake moar scarce. I know for a fact that the United Consoles of Redfield will stand up to Valve for if PS3 goes down they all go down! Valve has underestimated the craving of cake and justice will be swift. STAND BACK FAN BOYS!

disclaimer: Due to constant mouth pain and hydrocodone I am in no way responsible for anything which doesn't make sense.

Comment

PS3 fanboys complaining that they are being neglected at the expense of PCs? Oh the irony...

Comment

Valve owns the biggest PC game distribution platform, they're obviously trying to get as many sales on PC as possible! The only reason Valve does a 360 port is because it's easy profit.

Comment

The few 'choice comments' are true enough though. I don't own a console but it is weird that Valve chooses the Mac over the PS3 seeing the Mac only has a tiny gaming community. You can't tell me it's impossible to hire a few people to do a PS3 version.

Comment

It's odd, I don't even get hooked on valve games but have always liked the company and enjoyed what the have given to the PC community. Portal was just short of awesome though. <see what I did thar

If they don't want to port it to ps3 so be it.

Anyways according to a good friend of mine on the forums this isn't a real problem for too many people as everyone that has a ps3 can borrow there mothers gaming laptop she bought for gaming but never got around to gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
              The few 'choice comments' are true enough though. I don't own a console but it is weird that Valve chooses the Mac over the PS3 seeing the Mac only has a tiny gaming community. You can't tell me it's impossible to hire a few people to do a PS3 version.
              To be fair, mac only has a "tiny gaming community" because no developer ever bothers to make games for the platform for whatever reason. Blizzard has been the Mac's biggest friend throughout the years with a few other exceptions here and there. If Valve ports over their entire Source library to the platform, it'd be a huge boost for Mac gaming.

Comment

Which also explains why they are working on iSteam.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Wait you mean portal 2 isn't coming out on the Wii?
                  What the **** Valve?

Comment

Comment

C'mon man, at least post the edited one that's more appropriate to the thread!

(But no seriously, I <3 the PS3.)

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan
                        Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                        C'mon man, at least post the edited one that's more appropriate to the thread!

(But no seriously, I <3 the PS3.)
                        lol @ both

Comment

but Valve did just hire a few ex-Naughty Dog employees who worked directly with Uncharted 2 to work on future PS3 ports. Could this mean a PS3-optimized Portal 2?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                          X