Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Initial Reviews

Originally posted by Snazzy
    Because he could be referring to something that is against forum rules.

A legit reason to fill in the 'somehow' bit.
    I did get it at Target. My wife will be using my Steam pre-order, as I just couldn't wait. Why would you assume that I'd steal it? I've made my views on piracy clear in the past, I think.

I also got MW2 a few days before the official release. My local Meijer had it on shelves so I grabbed one. Of course since that game was Steam-only I couldn't even play SP until it was released to everyone, so I got all excited for nothing in that case.

The reason I can't and won't play MP right now should be obvious. Since very few people have it and very few servers are online, I'm not even going to try playing MP until at least the 2nd. I usually play SP first anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
      Why would you assume that I'd steal it? I've made my views on piracy clear in the past, I think..
      Nothing personal, It's just more likely IMO than getting a lucky early copy legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
        I did get it at Target. My wife will be using my Steam pre-order, as I just couldn't wait. Why would you assume that I'd steal it? I've made my views on piracy clear in the past, I think.

I also got MW2 a few days before the official release. My local Meijer had it on shelves so I grabbed one. Of course since that game was Steam-only I couldn't even play SP until it was released to everyone, so I got all excited for nothing in that case.

The reason I can't and won't play MP right now should be obvious. Since very few people have it and very few servers are online, I'm not even going to try playing MP until at least the 2nd. I usually play SP first anyway.
        Wow I wish the stores around here did that. The closest i came to grabbing a game early was Forza 3 at Wal-Mart. But when they took it up to the check out counter to scan it it said not for sale until such and such date. I was very disappointed.

Comment

lack of an "epic" feel ???
          I am like Whisky Tango Foxtrot
          Like Srly?

First of all "epic feel" is not what I'm looking for in a multiplayer game. Epic feel doesn't last, Call of Duty 2-6 have taught us that. The game itself needs to be fun, it has to have variety, it has to have endless amount of possibilities and that's epic for me. That is a definition of Battlefield series. They can simply maintain that epic feel or whatever that is for a very, very long period of time which is where CoD games fail, suck it IGN reviewer.

No to mention the BC2 feels like the most epic game I've ever played. It will work in a long run, but its initial awesomeness also overcomes that CoD MW2 can deliver with its dated engine still having Q3A foundations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
            lack of an "epic" feel
            You have to give MW2 that, it was an epic failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              You have to give MW2 that, it was an epic failure.
              I kind of liked the single player part of the game. Really disliked the multi player part though.

Comment

True, it wasn't that awful, just ridiculously overhyped. I had some fun with it too, although not so much in SP.
                Rephrase: It failed epically to live up to its promises

Comment

Single Player was ridiculous as well. Too much action which is too boring if you ask me. Honestly, the only thing that was EPIC about MW2 was Hans Zimmer. I mean, try going through the whole game without music and then tell me how epic it was. The level design is garbage.

It also lacks some.............................................. ........I don't want to say realism, it is STILL A GAME, but if you're making a game that's got "Modern Warfare" written in its title, it should have at least some common sense in it.

I mean Russians with AK-47s......in 2016. They haven't been using for decades, yet in 2016 they decide it would be a good time to use them again, right. No sign of AEK, AN-94, not even AK-74 whatsoever.

Then there are Russians with FAMAS, Russians with SCAR, Russians with UMP/MP5, Russians with MG3, obviously all Russian weapon manufacturers went bust in Modern Warfare 2 and that's not a good thing if you have Russia as one of key players in the storyline, not that I'm a fan of Russian weapons of any sort.

That's just a start, really. There's more "common-sense" issues, don't have time atm to go any further.

Comment

You can tell when things get out of hand when someone thinks of a genius idea of creating a petition to get IGN to recall the review..

Comment

Jonathan, Hans Zimmer did a pisspoor job for MW2. Not bad for his first attempt, but certainly not AAA worthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X