Midnight Launch Plans Detailed for GameStop's Bad Company 2 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Launch Plans Detailed for GameStop's Bad Company 2 Release

GameStop has released some information regarding their midnight launch plans for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Event-goers will get the chance to test their combat skills with a tank building challenge, commando dress up contest and soldier skill challenge.

Most participating GameStop locations will open at 10 p.m. local time; however, customers are asked to contact their local store to confirm the exact time of the event. Events may vary by location.

Along with the midnight events, GameStop is hosting two different tournaments to rally the troops into action. The GameStop Battlefield Bracket Challenge pits 16 celebrity-captained teams in a bracket-style tournament. Consumers can visit www.gamestop.com/battlefieldbc2 to fill out brackets between now and March 4 and be eligible to win cash and gift cards. In addition, the GameStop "Battle of the Baddest" tournament features a ladder-up online competition capped by a 64-team playoff that gives participants the chance to win cash and prizes.

GameStop still has a pre-order bonus going for the AKS-74 assault rifle. Pre-ordering will give you instant access to the multiplayer weapon while everybody else will have to work towards it.

Have we discussed recently about MyInternetServices.com's own pre-order bonus?

Re: Midnight Launch Plans Detailed for GameStop's Bad Company 2 Release

So do you think steam is ganna release it on time?

Comment

I dont see any reason why they would not. I know DICE worked with them quite a bit.

We may even see a pre-download soon.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Direct2Drive announces that pre-loads for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC will begin this Sunday (Steam pre-loads will likely begin at the same time):

Beginning this SUNDAY at 10am PST, everyone who purchases the BFBC2 digital PC pre-order from Direct2Drive.com will be able to start pre-loading their game file! With your game already downloaded, you’ll be ready to play right away on Tuesday when the game goes live at 10am PST.
        UK pre-loading begins March 3rd at 00:01am GMT.
        From http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53...e-Load-Details

Comment

I called my local Gamestop and no go on the midnight launch. BOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Same here............the GameStop I pre-ordered from is NOT doing the midnight thingy either.

Told them..................to cancel my pre-oreder of MOH......I'll go to the other GameStop store. IMHO, all the stores should have the early midnight release.
            Or atleast, allow the pre-order guys to have an early opening, say 6am or something like that. Or as soon as they receive their shipment of the game....

Comment

I think it all comes down to how lazy the employees are at Gamestop stores.

Comment

LOL, I dont know about laziness. That could be some of it, or that the store is not a very large one or in a neighborhood where you want a late showing. It could just come down to numbers of people that may attend vs. staffing.

Or, it could be laziness

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

^^ thanks for clearing the steam pre-load.

Comment

NO........I think it IS laziness!!!!!! MY city has THREE, count 'em 3 GS Stores. None of them are in the 'midnight-madness' stuff.

If they was open, I would be there..............

Comment

About steams preload:

Originally posted by toasticuss
                      @Kalmalyzer @Almaric Any information about Steam Preloading?
                      about 3 hours ago via web
                      Originally posted by Kalmalyzer
                      @toasticuss still working out some kinks
                      about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to toasticuss
                      So it seems we will be getting a preload on steam, but it may not be right now.

Comment

A bit more info.
                        Originally posted by DICE
                        We are still working on the Steam preload. Currently there are some installation issues which we are trying to fix.

l@repi Just wondering if there'll be a Steam preload? Still good for release date advertised?

# @kop48 It is coming
                        And about the download size:

Originally posted by DICE
                        The full installed game is about 6GB. the "15GB" figure is what you get when you have to guess the total size early during development, and also need to take into account that for non-Steam download channels the player will at one point during installation have both the installer-archive and the installed game present on the harddrive at the same time.

Comment

Steam never releases on time

Comment

Working...
                          X