Battlefield 3 "Will Blow Everyone Away."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 "Will Blow Everyone Away."

Both Xeq and Webs961 brought up this article from gamingunion.net on Battlefield 3.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hasn't even hit retail shelves yet, but already there's been sparse talk of the inevitable release of Battlefield 3. In an interview with Fredrik Liliegren, the CEO of DICE from 1988 to 2000, and Studio Manager of DICE Canada from 2001 to 2006, Liliegren told GamingUnion.net what he could about Battlefield 3.

Gaming Union: How do you think the Battlefield series has developed since you left DICE?

Liliegren: Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA (non-disclosure agreement). <!--more-->

I mean Battlefield Heroes is something that we talked about back when even Jeff [Evans] was working at DICE, in regards of taking Battlefield into a micro-transaction type model. We actually worked on that initial prototype for that here in Canada, just to see how we would split it up from a design standpoint.

I think for the console side, the first outing on [Xbox] 360 and PS2 and Xbox was really weak because we didn't have a single player experience. I think that Bad Company 2 is going to be really good because I think these guys are really smart and they learned the lesson. What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.

GU: Even after 3 years?

Liliegren: That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience.

Considering Liliegren no long works for DICE, his opinion of the game is likely a lot more honest than you'd hear from any current executive. DICE has themselves confirmed that they've been developing Battlefield 3 for some years.

This goes with the other article [MyIS]Zips posted up about Liliegren talking about Battlefield 3 possibly for consoles as well.

Will the next Battlefield game be mind blowing? Rumor also has it that will have the Frostbite 2 engine. After all these years of little leaks about the game, would you expect it to be anything less than a hit?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Battlefield 3 &quot;Will Blow Everyone Away.&quot;

I don't know if it will blow minds in the way Bf2 did, since it's modern war and stuff. But it will be mind blowin in other ways

Comment

This is why I don't really understand the "battlefield 3 to go multiplatform" news post. MMOMFG misinterpreted this interview.
      It sounds much more like "Battleifeld 3 to go PC exclusive" to me...

Comment

Well since DICE is working on the MOH multiplayer then I am sure that BF3 won't be out for awhile and that 1943 will be delayed as well.

Comment

LOL we will never get 1943. "The PC team is workin on porting the new MoH game....The PC is busy finishing BF3....The PC team is busy making 1944."

Comment

Either way we no know without a doubt that there is a BF3 in the works. So all you nay-sayers can feel stupid now.

Comment

I don't think anyone would complain, if they simply copied BF2 gameplay with the new FrostBite engine and new maps. I know i'd be happy as a hippo

Comment

Originally posted by thejeran
                I don't think anyone would complain, if they simply copied BF2 gameplay with the new FrostBite engine and new maps. I know i'd be happy as a hippo
                They need to release 1942 and Vietnam on the Frostbite engine as well. Oh and add stats to them as well.

They also need to add dynamic weather based on where you live and what time zone you are in. So if it is snowing and night time where you live then it will be snowing and night time on the map you are playing at that moment. Or if it is raining and daytime where you live then it is raining and daytime on the map you are playing on. Is this asking to much?

Comment

I like the idea of dynamic weather as to where you live but imagine if you only ever had time to play at night, the maps would get very boring in the dark all the time, and the amounts of data needed by every game to pull the weather stats would be huge, it just wouldnt be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    They need to release 1942 and Vietnam on the Frostbite engine as well. Oh and add stats to them as well.

They also need to add dynamic weather based on where you live and what time zone you are in. So if it is snowing and night time where you live then it will be snowing and night time on the map you are playing at that moment. Or if it is raining and daytime where you live then it is raining and daytime on the map you are playing on. Is this asking to much?
                    Keep dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                      Keep dreaming.
                      To which part lol?

Comment

I wouldn't care if everything was ported to the frostbite engine to be made prettier.

Comment

I know I'd complain

BF2 is really far from being a flawless game, it can be done so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                            I know I'd complain

(ohno)

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                              I know I'd complain

Thank you for being sane.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                              To which part lol?
                              All of them. They aren't going to release archaic games with new graphics. That will only sell to people who have fond memories of those games and want to relive them out of feelings of nostalgia.

Dynamic weather based on location would take a lot of computing power and could get annoying for people who, like The_Eliminator said, always play at night.

Pre-programmed dynamic weather in a game might be interesting, though, like if it suddenly started raining on a map and then after 10 minutes the clouds dissipated. Would be doable methinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X