"Level Down" Servers Plague Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Level Down" Servers Plague Modern Warfare 2

does it only happen with 10th prestige guys?

Comment

What a joke!! IW at its finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Well it CAN happen on the PC version of the game seeing as it literally just happened to me. I now have negative 9 million xp so im basically never getting back to level 2. Do you guys think this will ever be fixed? Or do I have to do that bs flaming gay level hack to get back to where I was.
        I dont know for Xbox how they would fix anyones rank. Since it goes through the live system. I also dont know if your rank is stored on your xbox. On PC you can back up for the folder your rank is stored in and if it happens, you can recover it. Now if you dont have a backup of it, then I think you are going to have to do the gay fix. I just dont think you can play enough to get rid of -9000000.

Originally posted by 2Jon1
        does it only happen with 10th prestige guys?
        It looks like anyone could get messed up by it.

Crunch

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
        What a joke!! IW at its finest!
        Harsh harsh harsh. I remember how much everyone hated Treyarch and how they couldnt make a game right and IW was the savoir of CoD and could do no wrong. They simply did not take into account someone modifying their own server settings while they were host. Would you have?

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Isn't that what people did with WaW by modifying the server settings and double or triple the points.

Comment

well interesting... i was on server where i got ranked UP! one kill got me aprox. 1000000xp. seems like same hack only in good way

Comment

Well one thing we have to remember is that there are really no servers, Is someone manually editing files for this to happen, and is it affecting them at all?

Comment

Like this is so wrong IW! man, I picked the game up for my pc for xmas, not expecting too much and I have had fun. But the hackers and the lack of servers is such a bummer. I have to seriously ask myself before I load it all up if I'm in for the waiting and then the droping of the host only to hop back into another game which is just ending then the long wait, then getting dropped again, then the insane lag on 1 out of every 5 games you play. This is just so unacceptable for the sheer magnatude of this game and series. Please if you read this IW, fix this game and fast. People will just stop playing cause they get so sick of it. But I guess you've made your money.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                  Isn't that what people did with WaW by modifying the server settings and double or triple the points.
                  Exactly. Treyarch was the first to implement the prestige on PC and they forgot to lock down that until the 1.3 patch. I bet IW did the same thing. Why would you need to lock it down on a console? They arent suppose to be able to edit those :eyebrows:

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Exactly. Treyarch was the first to implement the prestige on PC and they forgot to lock down that until the 1.3 patch. I bet IW did the same thing. Why would you need to lock it down on a console? They arent suppose to be able to edit those :eyebrows:

Crunch
                    IW should have learned from Treyarch's mistakes, though. Just like most of Treyarch's problems with WaW had been solved in later patches on CoD4, a lot of MW2's issues could have been avoided if IW weren't so arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                      IW should have learned from Treyarch's mistakes, though. Just like most of Treyarch's problems with WaW had been solved in later patches on CoD4, a lot of MW2's issues could have been avoided if IW weren't so arrogant.
                      I agree. I think this is another example of the two teams not talking to each other at all.

After the comments 402 has made about Treyarch in the past, I don't blame them too much either.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                        I'm really glad that this P2P set up is backfiring at IW.
                        I am annoyed yet same time happy.
                        This will teach companies not to use P2P, maybe this is why the hackers are doing it.
                        I have not come across this yet...I hope I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                          I am annoyed yet same time happy.
                          This will teach companies not to use P2P, maybe this is why the hackers are doing it.
                          I have not come across this yet...I hope I don't.
                          That holds no water with me. They aren't punishing IW, they're being scrotes to other players. They keep hacking and breaking things and ruining the game for everyone else. It won't teach these corporations anything. They don't care.

Comment

Jesus... Yes, this is funny, but REALLY lame if it happens to you. But, if it does teach IW a really important lesson, then it's good, I guess?

Comment

Even more reasons to backup your profile. I use drop box to keep all my profile/game save backed up. It keeps a copy on my computer and in the cloud.

Comment

Reading this makes me further want to play the game less

Comment

Working...
                                X