"Level Down" Servers Plague Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Level Down" Servers Plague Modern Warfare 2

UPDATE: This also seems to be affecting users on the PC version as well.

Original:In what seems to be the ongoing saga that is Modern Warfare 2, a new issue has popped up amongst the community. Recently a number of players have reported coming across hacked "level down" servers during their gaming. These servers give extreme amounts of negative experience per kill or round that will generally reset players to single digit rankings. This issue first popped up on the IW forums the other day with video evidence (Video 1, Video 2) to support the claim.

This comes from someone who claims they started out a round as a second prestige rank 50 and ended as a rank 1.
    ME and my clan (SC) went into a game of HxC SnD, we found a group of tenth prestiges, we thought they were merely boosters, we were very wrong.

We knew something was wrong when they just waltzed out of their spawn in Highrise and let us kill them.
    After we won that round, they said "AWW look at the level 1's" and we noticed...

Killing them made us LOSE xp.... we won the match cause they ended it.
    Match Results: -899999453xp....

As of right now, it seems to only affect Xbox 360 gamers but that is not to say the same issue won't pop up on the PC or PlayStation 3 versions of the game.

Re: "Level Down" Servers Plague Modern Warfare 2

Baaaahahaha thats hilarious.

... but yea, that sucks.

Comment

This game is turning out to have quite a lot of holes and game play flaws. Were they even thinking when they made it? Where the **** did all the money go into?

Comment

ROFL this has got to be a first

Comment

Yet another reason why 360 blows rear.

But yeah that has got to be a first, i've been around gaming a long time and have never seen that.

IW really do suck, they are crap, i wont buy MW2 just to not give money to these false people who call them selves game developers.

Comment

I'm really glad that this P2P set up is backfiring at IW.

Comment

good god, a mentally challenged wasp could code better than these guys.

See what happens when you start believing all that talk that you guys are god IW? Your product sucks and sucks hard. Fix your sorry *** excuse for a game.

I hope nothing but the worst for these A-holes.

Comment

That's hilarious.

Too bad that if it actually did happen to PC users, PC users can actually "rank hack" back to their original level. Although I don't see it as hacking, as it was never illegal to do, just frowned upon like masturbating on an airplane.

Comment

Don't worry, they will ban all the hackers.

Comment

I am a bit surprised how IWnet can be exploited like this. From rank up servers to even rank down. It seems the network just accepts whatever data is coming in and has no check. I would think that if a -1000 points comes in that would be flagged and not count.

I havent played a lot of hardcore, but when you kill a teammate, do you lose points?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, its obvious IWnet only brings people together and nothing else. This is manipulating the data on your own 360/PC/Im sure PS3.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

it seems like 360 is worse than other platforms?

Comment

as usual the IW Forums are down.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Boy am I glad I'm checking out Star Trek Online right now and not playing MW2. My friends even went through the trouble of setting up GTA IV at our LAN on Saturday and playing that well into the night and never got around to play MW2. Guess we will hold off until this is fixed or they bring back some classic maps.

Comment

Well it CAN happen on the PC version of the game seeing as it literally just happened to me. I now have negative 9 million xp so im basically never getting back to level 2. Do you guys think this will ever be fixed? Or do I have to do that bs flaming gay level hack to get back to where I was.

Comment

Working...
                              X