Black Mesa Pushed Out of 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mesa Pushed Out of 2009

Despite the hopes and dreams of the Black Mesa Source mod developers, the 2009 release just isn't going to happen. A news update on ModDB informs us that while we won't return to Black Mesa in 2009, a release is not far off.
    We come to you once again with an update. It's now the end of 2009, and we know many of you have literally counted the days down until this fateful month. We are floored by the level of support you have given us and are very excited we're so close to reaching our goal.

Unfortunately, to our great disappointment, Black Mesa will not make a 2009 release.

Cynics may now rejoice, bets may be collected, and I think a mod team member has to eat his shoe, but we hope our loyal fans will forgive us and realize that the delay will translate into a better final product that's (hopefully) more easily available to everyone.

Once again we apologize for what has to be very disappointing news. We placed a 2009 deadline on ourselves to motivate us and bring this 6 year project to a close. And while we didn't quite make it, we have come very close and you can expect a complete, polished game to hit your hard drives in the near future. We'll be sure and update if anything changes. Until then, hang tight, it's coming!

After a six year wait, surely a few more months of waiting won't kill us, right?

Re: Black Mesa Pushed Out of 2009

I love the way they even refrain from saying that it will be pushed out the door in 2010

Comment

It won't kill me presumably,but who knows what may happen to others? /cynical

The problem to me is, is that this mod won't be worth the six year wait regardless of how much custom content they push out with this. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this when it decides to come out.. if ever, but I don't get the feeling I'll be amazed by what I see. So many more things are coming out as they keep deciding to push it further and further back. I highly doubt they are "THAT" busy and can't find a weekend or two to just get some serious work done.

Time Management. Yes people break schedules, but six years? I think they work on it every 3 or so months at the rate they are going. /rant

Comment

Black Mesa Forever...

Comment

Originally posted by raidenandsolid

The problem to me is, is that this mod won't be worth the six year wait regardless of how much custom content they push out with this. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this when it decides to come out.. if ever, but I don't get the feeling I'll be amazed by what I see. So many more things are coming out as they keep deciding to push it further and further back. I highly doubt they are "THAT" busy and can't find a weekend or two to just get some serious work done.

Time Management. Yes people break schedules, but six years? I think they work on it every 3 or so months at the rate they are going. /rant
          While I do agree that 6 years of nervewrecking anticipation is not on par with Black Mesa Sources value, the fact is that the game is not going to be graphically outdated and instead will provide us, Black Mesa research facility fans, with a better single player experience than vast majority of the garbage out there.

And just because we get some new games while the mod is still in development, the fact remains, its not competing with any of them and is still vastly superior to all of them. Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2, BioShock 2. They have nothing on Half Life, and certainly wont have anything on BMS

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
            While I do agree that 6 years of nervewrecking anticipation is not on par with Black Mesa Sources value, the fact is that the game is not going to be graphically outdated and instead will provide us, Black Mesa research facility fans, with a better single player experience than vast majority of the garbage out there.
            I personally dont really hold it up against other games. I dont think that its going to be worth 6 years of wait, even if everything else is garbage compared to it.

Comment

Whoa, megabump

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan
                Whoa, megabump
                Meh, 4 months ago, i went for it. This is what people with balls do, namakan.

Comment

Originally posted by Boreas
                  Meh, 4 months ago, i went for it. This is what people with balls do, namakan.

Comment

Working...
                  X