Backbreaker Football Announced by 505 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backbreaker Football Announced by 505 Games

505 Games and Naturalmotion have teamed up to work on a new football title that will "revolutionize" the football genre.

Backbreaker redefines gameplay in the football video game genre with a stunning on-field camera view, accessible controls and a relentless onslaught of hard-hitting tackles. With NaturalMotion's acclaimed euphoria motion synthesis engine featured in a sports title for the very first time, Backbreaker offers intense gameplay, dazzling graphics and an endless variety of unique football moments. From the moment players step onto the gridiron, Backbreaker is in a class of its own.

"Backbreaker sets the new standard for football," said Adam Kline, president of 505 Games U.S. "Repetitive, canned animations are a thing of the past. We recognize that fans are eager for something new, and Backbreaker will blow them away."

Backbreaker breaks the mold of traditional football video games with realistic, physics-based motion AI, crisp high-definition graphics and a camera angle that follows the perspective of the player. At its core, Backbreaker is full-on 11-versus-11 competitive play, and also includes online multiplayer and split-screen multiplayer modes. In addition, the game features total team customization including a fully featured logo editor.

The game welcomes newcomers to the genre with its intuitive pick-up-and-play Arcade Mode control scheme, while seasoned players can go head-to-head in the game's demanding Pro Mode that turns off AI and visual assists.

More information for Backbreaker will be made on the game's official website. Be sure to check out the Naturalmotion home for more information and videos on their technology. Backbreaker storms onto the field in Spring 2010 for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Re: Backbreaker Football Announced by 505 Games

I'm glad to finally hear some news on this game. I got pretty excited when they announced it. I miss the days of fantasy sports games where you didn't have to worry about the rosters getting out dated and the game was more about the gameplay and less about how realistic they can make the star QB look.

Comment

Re: Backbreaker Football Announced by 505 Games

Totally agree. This is my most anticipated game of the century.

Comment

Working...
      X