X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boycott on Modern Warfare 2 Not Looking Good

Originally posted by troybob
    I don't think you understand a boycott.

The point of a boycott is to starve the company of just enough funds to remove a profit. This gets people talking in the board room and heads start to roll.

You don't starve a company of funds by buying their product!

The reality though? The real stinging reality? Totally boycotting a product when you are the minority profit center does nothing but alienate the demographic. The Montgomery bus boycott (wiki it if you like history) worked because blacks were the majority of customers for the bus system. They stopped riding and the transit system went into deficit.

A boycott of the 360 version would get their attention and make them do your bidding. PC sales? Who at Activision is even counting?

But I am boycotting the game. If they are going to treat us like this, they can leave the PC market to the big boys. If you want IW to continue making PC games, you should advocate that everyone buy 2 copies just to jolt their market share numbers and get their attention. We're a drop in the bucket for them now and for the foreseeable future.

Thank your graphics card manufacturer for the death of PC gaming
    Ha, thanks for the history correlations, but I already understand what a boycott is and how they work; I'm just explaining how some people view them and don't adhere to the actual definition of them in an erroneous attempt to support a boycott's efforts. Explaining society's tendency to misrepresent itself is basically what I was trying to do, but maybe I didn't make that very clear.

By the way, I am boycotting any version, because it seems like a waste of money to me. I might buy it if was 5 bucks or less, but other than that, no sale and I am planning on not buying any other IW products unless they drastically improve and change their attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal_Joker
      I have not bought the game either.:salute:
      ^

The very same.
      And I never will.

Comment

i don't fault them here.

because boycotting would only be self-depriving and would serve no purpose as MW2 has already sold gazillion copies of the game and IW probably can care less if a small group of PC gamers boycott.

btw, why do all of you guys who'll never buy the game hang out here? sometimes it seems like there are more of the haters that hang out here than people who actually own the game!

Comment

lol i checked out the group on steam and the are doing "house cleaning" on people who bought the game anyways. calling them traitors! lol they are really embarrassed that they've become the laughing stock!

Comment

I think it is safe to say that IW won't change their mind with MW2, we need to take it like it is. I bought it knowing that it wouldn't have dedicated servers. I have recently played and besides the numbers being a tad too low, there is nothing to worry about.
            Depending on your connection it runs smoothly and effectively, if you aren't going to buy it because of no dedicated servers just keep playing cod4, that won't die any time soon.

Comment

yeah, maybe we have to just move on. I signed the petition, but my brother told me its not going to do anything. He was right, of course, as we do lay in the minority. We are just going to have to move on and forget about it.

Comment

I bought it, and I am not going to lie, it is a good game, for pub. And that is what I play right now. I also got it on Xbox 360, it is a good game, and if you want to have fun and pub than go and buy it. Or not, they don't care (IW/ACTIVISION).

Comment

From what i can see the game is hasnt taking off like cod4 ,when Cod4 came out and i look on Xfire there we so many people playng it ,more theni ever seen before.MW2 well it will never be like that and will die fast,with out the server means no competitve play and thats what made cod4 last so we really kinda did get something out of this ,if IW doesnt see it well there just as dumb as they think we are

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                    Weak-minded fools!
                    hahaha I used that same line in a comment I left in the group yesterday hahahaha

Comment

That picture is misleading. It only captures the first page of 51 people while there are more than 800 people in that group.

If those other 750 didn't buy it, the boycott still stands.

Comment

I wonder how many of these players torrented the game and how many bought it?

Comment

I'm playing it but I didn't buy it. You can flame me all you want, I don't care. The CoOp is BS and the 9v9 MP turns out to be mostly 6v6. I'm glad I didn't waste my money!!!

Comment

And I'm sure the same will happen for Left 4 Dead 2.

Comment

I didn't boycott it as such, but said I won't be buying it because of it's price, 39.99 is ridiculous.

Comment

lmao, boycott. This is no boycott, this is a few angry nerds who didnt get their way. IW owe PC gamers nothing. And for those that torrented it, your all ****s and deserve a kicking, courtesy of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X