• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC2 Beta Hands on

did i see a "B" button in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
      anybody else bothered how they're trying to force the pacing on us? if the game naturally slows down for some reason (ex. a hidden sniper), then let it be. i don't want to be forced to play at a certain pace, part of the BF sandbox experience is that your role often dictates the pace you play and it varies.

if i want fast pace action arcade like experience, i can play COD. why does everything have to be super fast? sometimes i like to hide out in a remote part of the map and do my own thing. sure i'm not racking up points like the people at the bottlenecks but sometimes it's fun to just stay back a bit and play at a slower pace.

meh i guess i'll have to wait for BF3 to get that.
      Listen to the podcast, the key is fluidity.

Comment

I don't want prone either... playing games without prone for a while makes you realise that no prone leads to a faster, more exciting kind of gameplay. I don't really want it for BF3 either to be honest, but I wouldn't mind it either.

Comment

I will be so pissed if they don't make an editor for this. It's too amazing to not have an SDK.

Originally posted by iQue
          I don't want prone either... playing games without prone for a while makes you realise that no prone leads to a faster, more exciting kind of gameplay. I don't really want it for BF3 either to be honest, but I wouldn't mind it either.
          If you take away prone it defeats the whole purpose of having any kind of realism.

On another note..."walls impervious to destruction."? They better have some explanation besides "they just can't be blown up."

Comment

Why are people saying that this is a trailer? It's B-roll footage to go along with interviews.

Comment

The game will be fine with no prone, after playing BC1 you don't even notice it after awhile.

Comment

The pace in BF is still set by the players, by the grouping of players and by the vehicles and flags or crates and the radius around them.

In All previous BF titles prone was very useful because what it did was allow you to make yourself a smaller target and harder to see. Accuracy aside.

In BC1 and up, the amount of objects in the world is so much higher than it used to be. Being crouched in a bush completely hides you from the head down and there are lots of bushes.
                You can also go into every building, get on 80% of the roof tops.. ect

The line of sight because of so many objects is also reduced, just as in the real world. The "scale" of the world around you is much more life like.

All of these things combined make the usefulness of prone much much less.

For one if you were to go prone, there would be grass all in your face.
                I for one don't see Dice adding it back, not even in BF3 if it's going to use the frostbite engine.

DICE know what they are doing and they are not ruining the franchise.

I can't convince anyone.. but I can predict a lot of tune changes when the PC only guys get there first taste of this game engine.

Comment

see but they make it sound like prone is used only for camping snipers. in fact, i use prone often to avoid being seen by vehicles. not being seen is a big part of survival, with the new destruction engine allowing so much of our cover to be blown to bits, not having prone sounds like a double whammy for us.

Comment

Looks awesome, hope it will be awesome like that on PC too.

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                      made Poll on PC prone in BC2 section.check it out if you want butno rants pls
                      dude , cant u understand that there will be no prone? N O P R O N E it has been confirmed that no prone from all versions. NO PRONE. :shakehead:

Comment

long time since I've watched in-game footage of a FPS and said to myself "I really want to play this game"

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                          Prone was already confirmed for PC version I believe.

Good to see it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone in BC2. I hated that about BC1
                          And BF2142 and BF2. BFV is currently the best true BF IMO. Hopefully this one will do its great-grandfather justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                            As for prone, it was already explained that Bad Company 2 is designed to have faster gameplay than BF2. It's not a BF2 successor, so they are going down a different route with combat. Adding prone would slow the whole game down and that's why I wouldn't mind it being left out.
                            It was explained why it was originally left out on the consoles, and it was a good explanation, considering the fact that games tend to be considerably slower paced on them. However with PC-s you have a higher player count and people utilize a lot more of the motion potential, so prone is absolutely vital. With added destruction its even more vital on the PC as everything is going to happen at a much faster rate.

Secondly, this is an arcade game. The only realism is the surroundings and machinery. Nothing else is realistic. That's just the type of game it is.
                            Whether or not a game is bound by similar limitations and rules as real life is doesnt mean much. I foresee a lot of situations on the PC where PC players (especially BF vets) will miss prone. A lot. Remember, we know how the game will play out, and I will need every trick in the book to go against a tank guru.

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait. Definately looks better than MW2

Comment

maybe it's because they can't fix the "legs sticking out of the walls" problem when people go prone.

Comment

Working...
                                X