Steam Client Beta Adds Windows 7 Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Client Beta Adds Windows 7 Features

The latest beta for the Steam client was kicked off a few hours ago. The only list of changes includes "Steamworks improvements for upcoming titles" but a bonus set of features were added.

Windows 7 users may want to opt into the beta to make use of Steam's new functionality.

To test drive the beta go to File -> Settings -> "Account" tab -> Select "Steam Client Beta" on the drop down menu under the beta participation dialog. Be sure to report any and all bugs specific to this beta in this Steampowered forum thread.

Re: Steam Client Beta Adds Windows 7 Features

how come ther are making so much windowses, vista still sux and they are already bringing up a new one. imo windows xp is the best

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
      how come ther are making so much windowses, vista still sux and they are already bringing up a new one. imo windows xp is the best
      Win7 is a major overhall of Vista,, You can stick to XP if you like 3gb of ram and single core processors,, Win 7 if you'd prefer an OS to take advantage of Quad core cpu's and 4gb + ram.

As for the steam update i might try it not had steam on my system for a long time ;p

Comment

Vista SP2 and Windows 7 have been shown to outperform XP in games by a fair deal now. That and they are both great OS's.

XP is dead to PC gamers and enthusiasts.

Comment

Yeah it's time to move from XP now. Nice to see Steam keeping with the times and using the new Win7 features. Would be nice if the taskbar icon filled up with download progress..maybe in the next update.

EDIT: IT does do that
          [media]http://imgur.com/FxxCY.png[/media]

Comment

The time between XP's release and Vista's release was abnormal. Usually a new OS comes out every 2 - 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
              The time between XP's release and Vista's release was abnormal. Usually a new OS comes out every 2 - 3 years.
              thats what i m saying vista just arived and now ther is already windows 7 :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMurphy
                Yeah it's time to move from XP now. Nice to see Steam keeping with the times and using the new Win7 features. Would be nice if the taskbar icon filled up with download progress..maybe in the next update.
                I'm pretty sure it has this included too.

Comment

thats what i m saying vista just arived and now ther is already windows 7 :dead:
                  Vista was released 3 years ago. Like I said before, 2 - 3 years between each OS is normal.

Comment

Working...
                  X