Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch Released

Originally posted by 5t3v0
    has it taken ages for it to get started for others as well?
    Not for me.

I'm glad they included the booster pack maps. (I only bought SF, so no loss of money for me :P) The EF/AF maps and Blue Pearl are the only maps I've been playing lately.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
      has it taken ages for it to get started for others as well?
      Verifying the client data has been taking me ages on this new patch, but then again I havent played in months.

Comment

Nice, I am glad to see they included the booster packs for free.

I purchased each of them the day they came out and loved them both, but not enough people ever to play with. Now this is great.

Torrents are way faster, by the way.

Comment

Love the new map, shotgun paradise. :shotgun:

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
            Verifying the client data has been taking me ages on this new patch, but then again I havent played in months.
            If you're talking about logging into your account, then I know what it probably is. MasterX from DCON discovered that BF2 tries to resolves the status of every single server in your favorites during the login process. The more favorites you have, the longer it will take. Any old favorite servers that are no longer active (shown in red) will take even longer because it will time out when it finally determines the server is not active, wasting the maximum amount of time.

Solution: remove all of your old favorites that you don't play on anymore, especially the servers that are no longer active. This has cut as much as 5 - 10 minutes from the login time for friends of mine.

Move your .BIK files to a temporary folder and then you'll really login fast by skipping the movie intros. There is also a way to create a shortcut that will log you in automatically - I'll have to dig that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
              If you're talking about logging into your account, then I know what it probably is. MasterX from DCON discovered that BF2 tries to resolves the status of every single server in your favorites during the login process. The more favorites you have, the longer it will take. Any old favorite servers that are no longer active (shown in red) will take even longer because it will time out when it finally determines the server is not active, wasting the maximum amount of time.

Solution: remove all of your old favorites that you don't play on anymore, especially the servers that are no longer active. This has cut as much as 5 - 10 minutes from the login time for friends of mine.

Move your .BIK files to a temporary folder and then you'll really login fast by skipping the movie intros. There is also a way to create a shortcut that will log you in automatically - I'll have to dig that up.
              he said verifying client data. that has nothing to do with logining in. its when your loading into a server. after if loads the map, it verifies to make sure you haven't messed with the game. i also noticed it takes longer. it used to only take around 5-7 seconds before, but now it takes like 10-15 seconds now.

Comment

yea verifying data is excruciatingly longer than before...

Comment

Ah sorry then. Logging in is what I'm used to hearing complaints about and what I'm used to providing advice for. Still, cleaning up your favorites can save time - it might make up for the time spent waiting for client verification.

While I haven't noticed any difference in the time it takes to loading a map or verify client data, I do agree that it certainly takes a long time.

Comment

Addind AF and EU to the "free map lists" is like sticking two fingers up to those who bought it (myself included). But I guess DICE already did that by allowing all expansion servers to be padding.

Thanks DICE.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                      Addind AF and EU to the "free map lists" is like sticking two fingers up to those who bought it (myself included). But I guess DICE already did that by allowing all expansion servers to be padding.

Thanks DICE.
                      :rock:

Thanks DICE. :wee:

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts

Thanks DICE. :wee:

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                          no I was talking about the patch installation. It took forever to even get to the install screen.

Comment

strange. out of all the previous patches I've installed, this one seemed like it patched really fast for me.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I havent even installed it yet. I ran out of time to install and im banned for another few days except for assignments, but when I tried, it took an hour after I tried executing the file for it to open.

Comment

Working...
                              X