Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch Released

I downloaded 1.5 patch, and now when I try to play the game it freezes. Right after I type in my login, it goes to "Connecting to Account Server" and stays there. Does anyone have any idea on what is wrong. I see that it allows the game to use up to 2.0 Gb of RAM, but under all the game specs and in the read-me file it says that recommended system is 1.0 Gb of RAM which I have. Everything was working fine until after I installed the new patch. I have Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM, 183 GB freespace on hard drive, and ATI Radeon X300 video card. Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks

Comment

Downloading it now Getting 730 kb/s, my max I-net speed so. Fast enough for me
      Curious if my PC can still handle new patches and the game works perfect
      God this is really the only game EA GAMES cared about, that's for sure xD

So, now I can let out my dog and just wait oh and maybe even watch the new Top Gear episodes airing here in NL

ME SO HAPPY

Btw, are the extra packs that normally cost 10 euro extra now installed in the game, or do you still need to buy armored fury and european forces.

Comment

Armoured Fury and European Forces are both included in the 1.5 patch

Comment

mehhh

Comment

Just saw a guy using APC speed hack/glitch on Blue Pearl. Zoomed out of the warehouse and into the water at a ridiculous speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
              Just saw a guy using APC speed hack/glitch on Blue Pearl. Zoomed out of the warehouse and into the water at a ridiculous speed.
              Aww, I've always wanted to see that hack/glitch. I still haven't seen it yet, and I have like 630 hours of play time

Comment

Im Just Reinstalling BF2. Hope its worth it!

Comment

Got it all up and working well, Bob just you need 1.41 then the 1.5. When I put it on my D drive it did not find the BF2 folder once installed on the C it was happy.

What was in those booster packs? I just cant see it apart from a few more maps and a few guns I don’t think I’ve seen before.

Comment

6 maps from the boosters in total (excluding Tampa and Pearl) and some new weapons for when you play as EU, some new vehicles as well

good content imo I liked the maps, even better for me because I never bought the booster packs

Comment

a right so the new weapons are for playing on EU maps...I just thought I could play my usual old maps with new guns. I'll have to look for EU maps. Anyway I'm back bitching on BF2 online as I do..But I do enjoy it. five year old system is still up for it.

New system next year for SHV, BF 1943 etc and BF3 when it comes out.

Comment

My PC has been getting the BLUE SCREEN crash ever since I've installed 1.5, and it's only happened while playing BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                          My PC has been getting the BLUE SCREEN crash ever since I've installed 1.5, and it's only happened while playing BF2.
                          That's not good. I would set aside a couple of hours to search out the latest version for all of your drivers, including audio, video, chipset, mouse, flying stick etc., Don't rely upon your Motherboard maker's website for chipset, RAID or on-board audio drivers either - seek out the homepages of the original manufacturers. Make sure you're using the latest version of DirectX if you're using XP/XP64. Defrag your hard drive as well. Use a vacuum to suck out any dust that may have built up in your CPU or BPU fan heatsinks or case intake/outake fans. And I have to say it, but make sure Windows XP/Vista is patched up to the latest version as well. Your problem sounds more serious than just a bad game install, but you can always redownload the 1.41 and 1.5 patches then reinstall BF2 just to be sure. I'd do all of the other stuff too because it's just good practice to keep up with maintenance becuase it tends to improve system reliability overall.

I finally got to play a couple of rounds of Blue Pearl last night. I liked it better than I thought I would based on all of the feedback I've been reading. I love close quarters infantry carnage and that's exactly what it was - I didn't see any vehicles besides the RIBs so I'm assuming it was in IO mode. I would have enjoyed it better if I weren't so rusty at CQ combat - guess I'll have to keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                            That's not good. I would set aside a couple of hours to search out the latest version for all of your drivers, including audio, video, chipset, mouse, flying stick etc., Don't rely upon your Motherboard maker's website for chipset, RAID or on-board audio drivers either - seek out the homepages of the original manufacturers. Make sure you're using the latest version of DirectX if you're using XP/XP64. Defrag your hard drive as well. Use a vacuum to suck out any dust that may have built up in your CPU or BPU fan heatsinks or case intake/outake fans. And I have to say it, but make sure Windows XP/Vista is patched up to the latest version as well. Your problem sounds more serious than just a bad game install, but you can always redownload the 1.41 and 1.5 patches then reinstall BF2 just to be sure. I'd do all of the other stuff too because it's just good practice to keep up with maintenance becuase it tends to improve system reliability overall.

I finally got to play a couple of rounds of Blue Pearl last night. I liked it better than I thought I would based on all of the feedback I've been reading. I love close quarters infantry carnage and that's exactly what it was - I didn't see any vehicles besides the RIBs so I'm assuming it was in IO mode. I would have enjoyed it better if I weren't so rusty at CQ combat - guess I'll have to keep playing.
                            Well yesterday and today I did all kinds of things, here's what I did:

-Virus/malware scan
                            -update sound/video drivers
                            -defrag
                            -reinstall BF2

Also, my other PC which has better hardware than the one the crashing first started on started getting the blue screen crash too. So... I did the same things as I listed above except I didn't reinstall BF2 and I also ran Reg. Mechanic, Checkdisk, updated directx 9, ran disk cleaner, uninstalled vid drivers completely and installed the latest one. I'm hoping this may be able to be hotfixed and DICE will release one. Also I'm using Windows XP and the last time it crashed, it said there was an error with the "nv4_disp." file.

Comment

Amazing patch, great new maps/changes. Love you Dice.

Comment

has it taken ages for it to get started for others as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X