Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Coming March 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Coming March 2010

This reveal left me all warm inside. Just think about all that fun that could be had.

'Destruction 2.0' creating fireports through cover.
    Complete destruction of structures with collateral debris being a health hazard?!

'Play it your way' I haven't doubted DICE would lose that concept, actually it seems they may have expanded far above BF2. 15000+ kit variations! 46 weapons with 200 customization options! 15 gadgets, that homing dart looks great! Hopefully the grappling hook and zip lines are included. I'm not sure what is meant by 'Character Specialization'. It's either character customization (helmet, hats, eye shields etc?) or class abilities like extra sprint, armour etc?

I wonder whether that homing dart has the range to tag a chopper-in-flight? That would be a fantastic team effort to down the enemy chopper with the homing RPG!

Ranks galore, 50 of them. It would be great if the longetivity between start and finish would require a year or more of gameplay. Truly diverse leaderboards ftw!

Awaiting infomation about PC variant:
    Dedicated Server software for the general public.
    Server Browser. Favourite server tagging?
    The extent of control customization.
    Mouse/keyboard input sluggish and imprecise with rapid movements?
    Player count per server. I think 32-48 would be a decent number, 24 could be too few for the 'Huge' maps described.
    Ranked servers requiring ALL 8 maps be in the server rotation? Please.

Comment

how did the guy blow a hole in the concrete wall with his gun? i hope that was a nade launcher or this destruction thing has gotten out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JayZ
        15000+ kit variations! 46 weapons with 200 customization options!
        Ranked servers requiring ALL 8 maps be in the server rotation? Please.
        Which is also why I'm hoping they properly balance medics this time around. Balancing all the equipment would be a chore, too, because even though BF2142 had a great deal of kit customisation, most assaults/medics went Voss/PK-rockets/defib. Most engineers went Pilum/Motion Mines. And let's not forget about the pseudo-obsolescence of the Assault class is BF2 given how overpowered medics were. And combine that with the overabundance of 24/7 one map/city map/IO servers and it's a recipe for blandness. Hopefully DICE worked out balance better so that people won't clamour for IO and will actually favour a good map rotation. But since there will be stats there will also be stat wh0res so inevitably there will be one map that generates more points than any of the others and we'll undoubtedly see plenty of servers running it 24/7.

...Damn, game's not even going to be out for another seven months and I'm already bitter and pessimistic. :hmm:

Originally posted by Minmaster
        how did the guy blow a hole in the concrete wall with his gun? i hope that was a nade launcher or this destruction thing has gotten out of hand.
        Maybe we'll be allowed to ninja-kick holes into the sides of buildings.

Comment

I just hope they speed up everything a bit. BFBC was a bit sluggish.

I think the movement speed of BF2 is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ponton
            @Freakboy: You played BFBC2?? Can You tell us more about it? How it plays?
            The game plays great, it really does. If anyone has played BFBC1 it takes the best parts of that, that new ranking system and unlocks, the destruction, and the vibrant graphics. It expands on all of those but then goes even farther and adds more hardcore Battlefield features to it like the defibs are back, more vehicles, a better variety on maps, more unlocks and customizations, better destruction, better squad play and teamwork, lots and lots of rankings and awards, and amazing game audio, and best thing of all best best best thing of all is they added a "radio" to the chopper, well kinda a radio, if you are in the gunner seat you can press a button and turn on "The Ride Of The Valkyries" and let me tell you when you here that playing overhead while it is coming towards you all you wanna do is sit there and let them kill you because of epicness. Overall its just a great f*cking game. After the playtest I had with the devs I wanted more, but I had to go ... (btw I came in 4th) If anyone is in the Seattle Area Sept 4th-6th I invite you to go to PAX and try the game out, I promise you that you will like it. It may take a couple of min to get used to the gamepad but a PC version is coming I can promise you that.

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
            Whats up Freakboy, I follow you on twitter and I saw you recently visited DICE. Its very nice to hear that a PC BF veteran saying that it'll be good for the PC. I personnaly can't wait for the game, the graphics, detruction, audio, etc!
            Yes, not many game studios will invite there community members to come and play there new game at there offices, and get a tour and... blah blah blah.

those jets are non-playable i'm assuming?
            I specificly asked this, and no there are not. And you can not go prone either (that may change for PC you never know)

Comment

okay, so open up a beta test for PC gamers in December?

Comment

what do they have against prone? i heard first BC didn't allow prone either.

is this a console "thing"?

Comment

what do they have against prone? i heard first BC didn't allow prone either.

is this a console "thing"?
                  Honestly I know it has its advantages but it is not really needed. I didn't really find a use for it when I was playing not even while I was sniper, but you never know they may add it for PC.

Comment

Ok, so the defibs are back. Hopefully that means that medics will be given Daisy BB rifles, otherwise I get the sinking feeling that we're looking at a(nother) mess of class balance.

And they put the radios back in vehicles like in BF:V, complete with Ride of the Valkyries? While I agree that's cool, I certainly have no plans on standing there and taking it from them despite how epic that may seem. I had enough music-playing choppers circle-raping me in BF:V tyvm.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
                      The game plays great, it really does. If anyone has played BFBC1 it takes the best parts of that, that new ranking system and unlocks, the destruction, and the vibrant graphics. It expands on all of those but then goes even farther and adds more hardcore Battlefield features to it like the defibs are back, more vehicles, a better variety on maps, more unlocks and customizations, better destruction, better squad play and teamwork, lots and lots of rankings and awards, and amazing game audio, and best thing of all best best best thing of all is they added a "radio" to the chopper, well kinda a radio, if you are in the gunner seat you can press a button and turn on "The Ride Of The Valkyries" and let me tell you when you here that playing overhead while it is coming towards you all you wanna do is sit there and let them kill you because of epicness. Overall its just a great f*cking game. After the playtest I had with the devs I wanted more, but I had to go ... (btw I came in 4th) If anyone is in the Seattle Area Sept 4th-6th I invite you to go to PAX and try the game out, I promise you that you will like it. It may take a couple of min to get used to the gamepad but a PC version is coming I can promise you that.
                      And you can not go prone either (that may change for PC you never know)
                      The radio is a neat feature.

If you can't go prone, how do we use the LMGs like the SAW and RPK?
                      Are they fired from the hip?
                      Which class uses the LMGs now that there is no support?
                      I suppose that the Assault class now has the extra ammo bags?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                        Ok, so the defibs are back. Hopefully that means that medics will be given Daisy BB rifles, otherwise I get the sinking feeling that we're looking at a(nother) mess of class balance.

And they put the radios back in vehicles like in BF:V, complete with Ride of the Valkyries? While I agree that's cool, I certainly have no plans on standing there and taking it from them despite how epic that may seem. I had enough music-playing choppers circle-raping me in BF:V tyvm.
                        Haha, well yes I hope you wouldn't but it was just nice to hear again. The only song on there was Rid of the Valkyries, but its good enough. Well the defibs are with the assault class, so the guns are decent, standard ARs

Originally posted by JayZ
                        The radio is a neat feature.

If your can't go prone, how do we use the LMGs like the SAW and RPK?
                        Are they fired from the hip?
                        Which class uses the LMGs now that there is no support?
                        I suppose that the Assault class now has the extra ammo bags?
                        Assault class has the ammo yes, the LMGs were with the... hmmm trying to remember the name of class, didn't get to play it. May be support class, I know that there is a class with the rocket launcher type weapons that has shotguns and what not. Sorry about the not so specific info.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                          Why wouldn't PC players care about BF:BC2? Dang.

I'm really excited for a new Battlefield.
                          sit back and relax.....you've got atleast 2 years of waiting.

Comment

those jets are non-playable i'm assuming?
                            meh... the hell with them. Jets will just speed up the destruction of what I assume will be much needed cover.

Comment

Good news:yay: But...

why are there jets if there not useable?

No prone in a almost IO dominated gamethat has to be a bad joke?or a port failure.

200 customable choices:rolleyes.....:Orly!

No Guns are fired from the hip really!, its just dumb

Instead of knocking our socks off we get Port nerfed

God im sick of complaining since 1942:evil:

Comment

As far as I am concerned this is BF3.

Comment

Working...
                                X