Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Coming March 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Coming March 2010

Today at the GamesCom conference in Germany DICE and EA announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will release March 5th in Europe and March 2nd in North America.
    Battlefield Bad Company 2™ brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC - featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across 8 huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus.

New vehicles like the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and the UH-60 transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone, extensive tuning ensures that this will be the most satisfying vehicle combat experience to date.

Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE ‘Frostbite’ engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own fire points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique experience in every match

<!--more-->
    Players can also compete in 4-player teams in 2 exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. Spawn on your squad to get straight into the action, and use gadgets such as the tracer dart in-conjunction with the RPG to devastating effect.

Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve

Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehiceles available. With 4 distinct character classes, 46 weapons, 15 gadgets, 13 character specializations and over 15000 kit variations to discover and master players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat.

All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in the genre

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is all-out multiplayer warfare at its absolute finest!

Key Features
    - 8 Huge Multiplayer Maps. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus and set across a variety of environments
    - Ultimate Online Vehicle Warfare! 15 land, sea and air vehicles, each with a tactical advantage during play. Race into action with the ATV or rain death from above in the UH-60 transport helicopter with its 2 side-mounted rail guns
    - All-new Squad Gameplay. Team up with 3 other players and fight together to unlock special awards and achievements in 2 squad-specific game modes
    - Destruction 2.0. Take down entire buildings, create firepoints in cover or blow it up entirely! In Battlefield Bad Company 2™ there will be no place to hide!
    - ‘Play It Your Way’ experiment and refine your ideal combat style with 4 character classes (medic, assault, recon and engineer), 15000+ kit variations, 46 weapons (200 different customization opportunities), 15 gadgets and 13 character specializations.
    - Awards and Achievements, combat efficiency and performance is rewarded with special awards such pins, stars and insignias which contribute to unlocking 50 ranks

<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://tgv.fliggo.com/embed/OnJCmIoj"></param><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="yes"></param><embed src="http://tgv.fliggo.com/embed/OnJCmIoj" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="yes" width="500" height="315" flashvars="logo=http://images.totalgamingnetwork.com/videos/watermark.png"></embed></object>
    [Watch in HD]

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 releases for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.For more information on the Battlefield franchise please visit: www.battlefield.com.

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Coming March 2010

Interesting that they give a release date for BC2 way out to March 2, 2010, yet we hear nothing of a release date for BF1943 for PC which is supposedly due out some time next month.

Are we getting the shaft on BF1943?

Comment

So close but so far away. =(

Comment

Well, isn't this announcement for BC2 coming from the Gamescom EA press conference? The actual show doesn't start until tomorrow and I see no mention of the surprise or PC info we would get that was hinted at in KM Troedsson's twitter post. Hopefully we'll get more info tomorrow for the PC side of Battlefield.

Comment

News updated with online fact sheet, screenshots, and the new trailer.

Comment

nice trailer. We'll se how much of it will be in actual game.

hope, bf2 1.50 patch will be released earlier than this

Comment

They re-separated medic and assault again. Hopefully they get the balance between the two better than they did in BF2. Still, pretty much everything else looks great. Luckily we have BF1943 to hold me over until this is released.

...O wate...

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                No PC players care about BF:BC2.
                I do.
                That's one.

Comment

Originally posted by ponton
                  I do.
                  That's one.
                  +1 more, the game is fun i was lucky enough to get a chance to play it. And I know PC gamers will love it. I have been playing Battlefield Since the release of Codename Eagle, and I bet most of you do not even know what that game is. So just trust a fellow hardcore PC battlefield gamer on this. It is a great game, and will be even better on PC come March. And BF1943 is coming for PC real soon, I can guarantee that because I heard it straight from the devs mouths, and it will not be the console version. It will be a PC game. Shoot me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
                    No PC players care about BF:BC2.
                    I do as well and I'm psyched that it's coming to PC this time around. While I have fun with BC on the PS3, I'm much more excited to play BC2 on the PC with keyboard and mouse instead of dual analog.

I know everyone wants to hear info about BF3, myself included, but I can't understand why some people won't give BC2 a chance. DICE even made sure to put it on PC this time around, and yet the BF 'elitists' turn their nose at it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I've been playing BF since 1942 and own every game in the series, but I don't share this mentality that if it isn't like 1942 or BF2 but better, then it's "destroying the Battlefield franchise" like others do.

I'm just excited for more BF goodness on PC finally, even if it isn't BF3. We all know that BF3 will come eventually. This is stuff to tide us over in the meantime.

Comment

Why wouldn't PC players care about BF:BC2? Dang.

I'm really excited for a new Battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                        Why wouldn't PC players care about BF:BC2? Dang.

I'm really excited for a new Battlefield.
                        Same here. Like everyone else I'd love for BF3 to be right here right now, but I'm going to be getting BC2 without a doubt.

Originally posted by Freakboy
                        And BF1943 is coming for PC real soon, I can guarantee that because I heard it straight from the devs mouths, and it will not be the console version. It will be a PC game. Shoot me if I am wrong.
                        Did they give any idea when, though? Last update I heard was back in April that it would be 'A September release'. Is this still on track?

Comment

@Freakboy: You played BFBC2?? Can You tell us more about it? How it plays?

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
                            +1 more, the game is fun i was lucky enough to get a chance to play it. And I know PC gamers will love it. I have been playing Battlefield Since the release of Codename Eagle, and I bet most of you do not even know what that game is. So just trust a fellow hardcore PC battlefield gamer on this. It is a great game, and will be even better on PC come March. And BF1943 is coming for PC real soon, I can guarantee that because I heard it straight from the devs mouths, and it will not be the console version. It will be a PC game. Shoot me if I am wrong.
                            Whats up Freakboy, I follow you on twitter and I saw you recently visited DICE. Its very nice to hear that a PC BF veteran saying that it'll be good for the PC. I personnaly can't wait for the game, the graphics, detruction, audio, etc!

Comment

those jets are non-playable i'm assuming?

Comment

Working...
                              X