• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFH numbers breakdown

never gonna happen,

over my dead body

Comment

I wonder how BattleForge is doing in comparision because it is running the same business model but as a fantasy RTS.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
        I'd have loved to get COD4 for free and pay for the M4 DD
        Except that In BFH you don't pay for the weapons, you rack up points and use them for weapons and a few other items, you only pay for costumes and other non-game related things. (been playing it a lot this past weekend)

Comment

I agree with many here, if those figures are correct, then YIPPI!

To show that a business model for a free to play game on the PC can rack up that amount of money is a huge step in showing that the market is far from dead and i applaud EA for being able to show some solid proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
            The 20$ average for 1.5 million players is bull. They're either misquoted or talking out of their behind.
            Welcome to Statistics. Averages mean nothing.

I am actually not surprised, EA has practically toyed with our minds. People are willing to spend, there is no doubt about it. And when the initial cost is none, they fall into the trap of "Oh, this $1 wouldn't hurt" and continue to spend.

ON the other hand, $60 for a game will attract no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikaman
              Welcome to Statistics. Averages mean nothing.

I am actually not surprised, EA has practically toyed with our minds. People are willing to spend, there is no doubt about it. And when the initial cost is none, they fall into the trap of "Oh, this $1 wouldn't hurt" and continue to spend.

ON the other hand, $60 for a game will attract no one.
              I'll be highly amused if Heroes is more financially successful on PC than MW2.
              I doubt it, but it would be pretty funny, and serve Activision right for jacking up the price in their hubris.

Comment

The game comes across as "lame" at first BUT after playing it for a while its grown extremely fun for me, I've spent well over 20$ probably around 40 or so. When I first started playing I said "never buying anything" but after really enjoying it the whole customization thing is awesome so I went ahead and bought some stuff to make my guy wearing only boxers and a hat.

The game is all about pure fun and comedy, its hilarious with emotes(aka taunts) and the abilities feature for the gameplay makes things very interesting, once you get the abilities down and understand them then things get very fun and intense.

Also not to mention that YOU CAN'T buy any WEAPONS or ANYTHING that makes you "better" than other players, the only thing you can spend money on is clothing/accessories and taunts etc, there is nothing about gameplay that is affected by thosee who purchase stuff using real money

Comment

Originally posted by Flt. Sgt. Powderhound
                  EA and DICE are one and the same... :shakehead:
                  I wasn't aware some people are this delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Also not to mention that YOU CAN'T buy any WEAPONS or ANYTHING that makes you "better" than other players, the only thing you can spend money on is clothing/accessories and taunts etc, there is nothing about gameplay that is affected by thosee who purchase stuff using real money
                    That, I reckon, is probably the best Idea for this kind of business model.

Comment

Working...
                    X