BFH numbers breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFH numbers breakdown

IGN has revealed some quite interesting and certainly surprising figures regarding Battlefield Heroes. The main figure is that players have spent an estimated whopping $30 million in micro-transitions (that's an average of $20/each!). Anyway, here are a few more of the figures, all courtesy of IGN:
    • The "Play now" button has been pressed 40 million times since February 2009

• 40% of players choose Commandos, 37% soldier and 23% gunner

• On average, 50.4% of players chose German Nationals and 49.6% British Royals

• 1.5 million registered players from 133 different countries

• 75% of players from: US, Germany, UK, Holland, France, Sweden, Russia, Canada, Poland and Brazil

• "Casual players" seem to play vehicle maps more whilst more "engaged" members seem to prefer Infantry

• On average, each player has spent $20 customising

• 76% of all Battlefunds spent on customisation items

• Top 5 items are: Kommendant's Coat, the Special Forces Officer Cap, Maverik's Sunglasses, the Elite Camo Trousers and the Marksman's Honor

• The most popular widgets are: 30-day XP boost, the 1-day XP boost and the 30-day VP boost

• 5% of Battlefunds spent on emotes

• $30 Million spent in total

As much as hardcore gamers hate it, Heroes seems to have been a bigger success than initially anticipated. It shows that the micro-transition market both works and excels in the Western World. I think this won't be the last time we see such a virtual market. Thanks to DICE, EA and IGN for all statistics.

Be sure to leave your feedback and cheers to forum member GarandX the tip off.

Re: BFH numbers breakdown

The beginning of the end.

Comment

I can't believe someone spent money for this game.

Comment

$30 Million, for what? Pixels....

Comment

I didn't spend any money on it, and after watching some of the videos of it during its beta phase, I was sure I wouldn't spend any time on it. BUT, after trying it since it is free, I found it has some fun gameplay and the abilities unlocks are great fun to customize and use. It's great for a quick game.

Comment

It's a fun game and it doesn't cost much to get a full outfit for one of your characters. I'm not surprised.

Comment

I've always said, they know what they are doing!

Comment

And the costumers don't know anymore.

Because they are brainwashed consumption zombies.That has nothing to do with EA or another company being smart.The masses of spoiled kids (includes immature people of older age) are responsible for this.

Apocalypse now !

Comment

The 20$ average for 1.5 million players is bull. They're either misquoted or talking out of their behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
                    The 20$ average for 1.5 million players is bull. They're either misquoted or talking out of their behind.
                    They aren't saying each player spent $20, but on average, that's what it equates to. So, some people may have spent more, others nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                      I can't believe someone spent money for this game.
                      Dumb masses ftw.

Comment

Wonder if this means we can look forward to buying our unlockable guns and equipment in BF3...

Comment

Buy a silly hat for BF3, only $5 Batlefield Buckazoids!

Comment

$20 average? holy crap, somebody would have to have spent over $100 because noone i know has spent anything on it.

it is a great game though dont get me wrong.

Comment

MUST be LIES!

Comment

Working...
                              X