Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGN Reviews Battlefield 1943

Originally posted by Greasy_Mullet
    I do not think you should cut them slack on the graphics just because the game is 'cheap'. It is an entire theater of war which is 25% of a completed game.

What if for example they released 3 more packs for a total cost of $60. Each added the next theater of war. So you get Africa, Easter Europe, and Western Europe. Would we still be saying oh well for each theater of war only being $15 the graphics are great.

And I believe that is their plan, to see each one released for $15 until you have a full $60 game assuming the sales for the current pack meet their projections. If that happens then we are indeed looking at not only a full game but one at an even higher total price tag than other PC games out there.

The other thing about the graphics is the promo shots looked really nice and crisp. I was in awe at how nice it looked from some of the videos and screen shots. In game is a totally different world than what saw and that made the let down even bigger.
    Oh the old "take a screen shot in a huge res and squish it down a bit for make shift AA" trick. Gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy_Mullet
      I agreed with a lot of it but a 10/10 on the graphics? The graphics are rather poor. The promo shots and screen shots were all done to make it look really nice but in game things are choppy, blurry, and jagged where many times it is hard to distinguish/identify objects apart. That is coming off a PS3 with an HDMI cable hooked up to Samsungs newest LN52B750 monster HDTV which has no trouble with any other games or blu ray movies.

1943 is sub par in every possible way.
      I agree 100%. I noticed right away that the graphics actually weren't all that good and the explosions all look the same. The game is a complete waste of time, unless you like the game play of Heroes. If you like Heroes, you'll probably like 1943. If you're an old school fan who grew up on 1942 and Vietnam, than you will hate this game with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
        f you're an old school fan who grew up on 1942 and Vietnam, than you will hate this game with a passion.
        Not necessarily. Only if you go into the game expecting BF3.

Comment

I really think some of you guys are, A: drunk, and B: way too hard on this game. Every screenshot of an upcoming game is different than the way it looks ingame. We all know Devs do it, so why complain? This game is actually less arcady than 1942 in my opinion. The only thing 1942 has on it, is boats and more variety. And yes the aircraft controls kinda suck. You should go back and play some 1942 for a while. There's some real nostalgia for 1942, but it is as all BF games are......Arcade games! It's all about fun! And I have played it all , right from the 1942 demo, so I think I have an idea of what makes a Bf game a success. I think folks are just being a little too pissy. You don't have to buy it or play it. But anyone who has honestly played this game and can say honestly that it is horrible is absolutely bat sh*t crazy! Controllers do suck so I cant wait for the PC version just like most here, but the game is as good as anything MP that this engine has done so far. Oh and I think the sound is great too, not sure where the negativity on that is coming from.

Comment

Its the worst 15 dollars ive ever spent! :cry:

When i shell out a days pay for some entertainment I what it to last more than 36 hours! :nod:

If anybody wants a copy of 1943 and 1 year of live, Im going to the bar..

Ill need about 20 bucks because im a welterweight :yay:

Anyway Videogames mess with your mind.. I saw some guy playing 1943 and he was humping his monitor! :shakehead:

Comment

nicely done guys

well its about time they review it

Comment

Hmm. I still rather play BFBC in it's mediocrity. I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by The Defeatest
                  I really think some of you guys are, A: drunk, and B: way too hard on this game. ...
                  -Connection problems
                  -Unfineshed features (voip, squads, . . .)
                  -No mod tools (or maptool for that matter)
                  -Quirks all around, specialy in balance, yeh too balance; too balanced awfully
                  -there are thousand other things that can be noticed on the videos alone.
                  -Its $15 "Its cheap"; "No, its not."

I was going to buy it for PC, but, no thx, I'll pass.

And strongly believe that DICE would be more happy with they had update the old 1942 to the new engine (bf2 enhanced and fixed), reborning the tittle to the new generation. just like Valve does. like a boss

Comment

I would get this for PC to see what the new Frostbite engine would look like.

Comment

woohoo never thought that i'll read a review 'bout 1943 with a clear view on it without hyping - nice works boys.
                      I won't buy it and i'll do my best to tell my friends who think about it to pass it also.

Anyways, glory times are over, there were enough people who already bought 1943 - so DICE will stick with this business model "quantity over quality".

Comment

oh my, THE hype *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Simo Glock
                          Its the worst 15 dollars ive ever spent! :cry:

When i shell out a days pay for some entertainment I what it to last more than 36 hours! :nod:

If anybody wants a copy of 1943 and 1 year of live, Im going to the bar..

Ill need about 20 bucks because im a welterweight :yay:

Anyway Videogames mess with your mind.. I saw some guy playing 1943 and he was humping his monitor! :shakehead:
                          You only make 15 bucks a day ? Quit gaming and head to school ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Simo Glock
                            I what it to last more than 36 hours!
                            ITS BATTLEFIELD, MULTIPLAYER. Theres no story. Its all multiplayer, it doesn't matter how long it last. That and they did say theres gonna only be 4 maps, and less then a handful of weapons, so you got what you paid for. And to only make 15 dollars a day, then really, what the hell is the minimum wage in your country. :shakehead:

Comment

Working...
                            X