Battlefield 1943 Suffering From Technical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943 Suffering From Technical Problems

Today Battlefield 1943 was released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade and already the game has been plagued by connection and match making issues. Gamespot Reports:
    EA declared war on Battlefield 1943 today, officially releasing the $15 multiplayer-only downloadable shooter through Xbox Live this morning. However, some gamers may find themselves at a loss as to what their dollars were spent on, as the online matchmaking component for EA Dice's shooter is currently suffering from debilitating technical difficulties.

As related by an in-game ticker and menus observed by GameSpot, Battlefield 1943's current issues appear to be as a result of unanticipated high demand. "We are over capacity and adding extra servers which may cause some disconnections, please bear with us," reads one message. "Connection Problem: The game appears to be unavailable, please try again," reads a second message.

According to a post on the official Battlefield 1943 message boards by EA Dice producer Gordon Van Dyke, "Good News, the game is incredibly successful beyond even my expectations. We have reached server capacity, but the bad news about this now some people can't join unless someone leaves. But don't worry, we are adding more servers ASAP to Xbox and in preparation PS3 that should start going up ASAP with priority on Xbox 360."

Van Dyke went on to note that while the team is adding additional servers, players may continue to experience problems, "from now until 17:30," or 2:30 p.m. PDT. And while additional servers appear to have been added, according to a post on the Battlefield 1943 Twitter feed, they primarily were for European gamers.

EA had not responded to requests for an ETA on when servers for all players are expected to normalize.

Check back to Total Battlefield for more updates on this issue.

Re: Battlefield 1943 Suffering From Technical Problems

... they better be fixing this.

I've been trying periodically to get in a game all day and it hasn't worked once. :/

Comment

When are these game companies gonna learn to stress test the servers before releasing the game. Same thing happened to AA3. The didn't aticipate the high demand and therefore a botched release. This better not happen to the PS3 release.

Comment

HOORAY for console beta testers!

Comment

I'm just happy that I'll be playing it on PS3, no issues with too many players there

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Elxx
            I'm just happy that I'll be playing it on PS3, no issues with too many players there
            Sadly yes we do not have to worry about that. See all you PS3 players tomorrow! PSNID: MrKLM

Comment

personally I think they do this on purpose to make it look like it's super duper popular. This sort of thing happens way too frequently for it to be simple miscalculation of demand.

Comment

Haha, poor PS3.

Comment

We'll see... EA is probably thinking the same and most probably also will pick the crappiest server ran by hamsters... since no one will be playing it... why bother?

I WANT TO PLAAAAAAY >.> Come on! bring more servers EA!

Comment

And of course, as usual, all this crap will push back the release date for the PC users!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
                      And of course, as usual, all this crap will push back the release date for the PC users!
                      Nah... I don't think so.. PC version wouldn't have this kind of issue... Leveling to the ground the whole wake island gives me high hopes for this game on the PC

Comment

Well geez THIS sure was unexpected. *rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                          When are these game companies gonna learn to stress test the servers before releasing the game. Same thing happened to AA3. The didn't aticipate the high demand and therefore a botched release. This better not happen to the PS3 release.
                          I imagine it's very hard to test load balancers unless you really do have thousands of connections at once, hard to do in closed beta...

Comment

So given this whole matchmaking thing (bear with me as I've never played a game with matchmaking before so I'm not exactly sure what it is), does this mean that you don't pick a server, the game picks it for you? And therefore there are no privately sponsored servers and they are all under EA's domain? The latter might actually give me an incentive to buy the game, assuming it's going to be that way for the PC version as well, but the former, not so much. Is there a possibility of you living in California and getting connected to a European or Japanese server, for example?

Comment

Oh that's right...this is DiCE we are talking about. I thought they had learned their lessons from BF1942, BF:V, BF2, BF2:SF.....hmm....OK, maybe I am right to just have been keeping away from DiCE. Fool me once, fool me twice. Did Mirror's Edge have any issues?

Honestly, I love how fun of a game they produce...but I'm not sure what it is they do wrong in the company. Is it they just over-engineer everything? Do they segment up too much? What is it that with DiCE over and over?

But...God Damn, do they make fun games.

Comment

Working...
                              X