We Want to Hear Your Feedback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We want to hear your feedback!

You also have to remember that in BF1942, tanks were heavily damaged by hand nades, and the radius on those things was insane. They were actually more efficient at taking out vehicles than Panzerschrek/Bazooka if you were close enough. At least they fixed that much in BF2. I guess the ability to spam them depends largely on how quickly they regenerate. Certainly it wouldn't be as fast as having a support buddy drop ammo bags on top of you as in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
      Wonder if they'll get the 43M kills before the PC version is released, and for that matter I guess, will it matter/count? Will the PC version have its own tally, or will Coral Sea be released for the PC from the get-go?

My current rig wouldn't appreciate me trying to run this game on it, but circumstances beyond my control may require me to get (build) a new PC sooner than I originally thought (was hoping it would hold out until BF3 was closer) and if that's the case I may end up getting the PC version of this after all. I guess if the console versions turn out to be pretty cool the PC version should be even better...right?
      GVD Confirmed on twitter a while back that the Coral Sea Map will ship with the PC version, no 43Million kills needed.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
        One tank blow into the hut, and the camper was gone. Now, camp anywhere and you can spam, yea! :yay:
        You do have infinite ammo, but there is a kinda "recharge period" for all your ammo when it runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
          GVD Confirmed on twitter a while back that the Coral Sea Map will ship with the PC version, no 43Million kills needed.
          Ah okay, thanks. I wonder if the consolers will reach 43M before the PC version is released. That would be an interesting race, I'd think, to see who gets to play Coral Sea first.

Then again, with the server issues they're having at the moment, consolers may never get to play it.

Comment

Server issues!

The consolers need consoled

Sorry...:shakehead:

Comment

Well , here's my 2 cents. The server thing really sucks. It's 11:40pm here eastern time and I could only get in one server all night. I tried at lunch for 15 mins and nothing. Anyhoo, now on to the good stuff. I love it. If you like BC online, you will love it. Heck if you love the BF series you will love it. Best sound in any online game today I think. Especially if you have surround sound. I hate controllers so this will be a real treat when I can aim with my mouse. Graphics are top notch for what this is. I do find the water can look like BF vietnam's water sometimes. You know, all one colour? But that is only sometimes. Animations are great. And ya, the weapons do really feel like you are firing something with power. I've always said if BC1 was released on pc it would hold us over easily till BF3, and this could also. Of course you need more content, like way more. This will be pretty big on consoles, but could get a bit stale after a while with the lack of unlocks, maps, perks, classes etc. Anyway I'm a bit tired so this is not a full review but it is all I thought it would be for sure. Oh ya and I never noticed the infinite ammo thing or regen health thing. I thought it would bother me but it didnt even phase me till someone said it above. This engine gives me high hopes for BF3.

Comment

Re: We Want to Hear Your Feedback!

Still not out on PS3????? Wtf is it??

Comment

dice has hit a home run with bases loaded.

this is the battlefield game to kill for

seriously, the best.

the graphics and sound are amazing, i never thought wake island would look soo good, so alive, and your can literally blow the whole place up, i mean it buildings, towers, hangers, trees, even deform the ground. wow. good job.

i hope that dice moved to release more maps, what about $5/month subscription and release 12 maps in a year, that $60 from each and everyone.

if i were dice i would go back and re-release the bf1942 using bf1943 engine, all the maps redo them.

Aberdeen
                  Battle of Britain
                  Battle of the Bulge
                  Battleaxe
                  Berlin
                  Bocage
                  El Alamein
                  Gazala
                  Invasion of the Philippines
                  Kharkov
                  Kursk
                  Liberation of Caen
                  Market Garden
                  Midway
                  Omaha Beach
                  Stalingrad
                  Tobruk

they should also let the mod/map community in, can you imagine forgotten hope, ect done with this engine.

i see the potential to make lots of money here!

Comment

enjoying the game so far. Except for the Plane controls the game is good.

Comment

Originally posted by goya
                      dice has hit a home run with bases loaded.

this is the battlefield game to kill for

seriously, the best.

the graphics and sound are amazing, i never thought wake island would look soo good, so alive, and your can literally blow the whole place up, i mean it buildings, towers, hangers, trees, even deform the ground. wow. good job.

i hope that dice moved to release more maps, what about $5/month subscription and release 12 maps in a year, that $60 from each and everyone.

if i were dice i would go back and re-release the bf1942 using bf1943 engine, all the maps redo them.

Aberdeen
                      Battle of Britain
                      Battle of the Bulge
                      Battleaxe
                      Berlin
                      Bocage
                      El Alamein
                      Gazala
                      Invasion of the Philippines
                      Kharkov
                      Kursk
                      Liberation of Caen
                      Market Garden
                      Midway
                      Omaha Beach
                      Stalingrad
                      Tobruk

they should also let the mod/map community in, can you imagine forgotten hope, ect done with this engine.

i see the potential to make lots of money here!
                      I think you'll have to wait for BF3 for something of that magnitude, TBH. I doubt DICE will release mod tools for BF1943, and I don't see it being a mainstay type game, but rather a holdover until BC2 and BF3 are out. I could be wrong, though, but my guess is that by the time us PC players get to play it, many of the console players will have already moved on to other things (is there enough there to keep people interested for over 3 months?). Then again, I guess with DLC, they can always add in a couple more maps for another $5-$10. *shrugs*

Comment

i think that they can make money by having yearly subscription, they could charge $5/month ($60/year) and release one map each month. the subscribers could vote on the map and the dice team would do it. i think it would be a money making thing. they don't need that many people to create a map, at first maybe, by then they can reuse object, ect... they could borrow from past games and mapping/modding community. think of having forgotten hope modders getting involved in doing a map pack, they could charge $10-$15. the thing is to make it like a tv series and release new material each month, or better each week, that way people keep coming back for more, to see what is the new map and to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by goya
                          i think that they can make money by having yearly subscription, they could charge $5/month ($60/year) and release one map each month. the subscribers could vote on the map and the dice team would do it. i think it would be a money making thing. they don't need that many people to create a map, at first maybe, by then they can reuse object, ect... they could borrow from past games and mapping/modding community. think of having forgotten hope modders getting involved in doing a map pack, they could charge $10-$15. the thing is to make it like a tv series and release new material each month, or better each week, that way people keep coming back for more, to see what is the new map and to play it.
                          I'm not sure that would work. A great deal of their target market is casual and younger games, people who don't want to commit to something or can pick when they want to play it, not have to worry about buying a license.

Comment

Working...
                          X