Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Hands-On

Originally posted by Xeq
    They didnt say anything about SDK for bfbc2 yet. But I hope there will be SDK.
    there will be no mods period...........

No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine

that's on the planetbattlefield breakdown for game facts.

Comment

this looks good =)

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power

Yeah seen that, its ********. Theyve created the game using some tools. There were many screenshots of FrostED (map creator/editor). And this doesnt mean there wont be mods, it will be just harder and will take some time to create tools.

Comment

Originally posted by JNK83
          Im a console gamer so 24 players is expected on consoles. But I believe PC gamers will get the 40-48 player limit. Modders will have a field day with this engine I think. As for regen health, it will probably be so slow it wouldnt be funny. Revives are back and that rocks!
          While the max number of players remains the same, a host of enhancements should make the combat even more frenetic.
          I'm sorry, I read this... I'm not sorry I read it. Just want to make sure I read it correctly ... This didn't say all platforms or anything but it didn't single out just Consoles, so I am thinking its all.

The engine is to complex to have higher numbers... if anything slightly higher but I don't want to have to go purchase a new PC to play this.

Comment

A 24 Player multiplayer on PC would be a complete and total failure and a complete step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by [7ID]B|PVT.Juno{XX}
              A 24 Player multiplayer on PC would be a complete and total failure and a complete step backwards.
              Indeed. 24 players?? Are they kidding?

BF1943 and BF:BC2 will probably only be worth to play a week or two. I have BF:BC on the Xbox 360 and I only played a week's-worth of multiplayer.

Meanwhile I'll stick to BF2 and its great mods like FH2 and PR until a real successor comes - Battlefield 3. And that is one that should not take steps backwards like reducing number of max players or reducing number of classes like BF1943.

Number of players is one of the main reasons (besides vehicles) I play BF2 over games like CoD 4 to begin with. I was actually expecting 128 players to be the future.

Comment

So has either 24 or 40 players confirmed yet? Or are well all guessing?

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power

* Simultaneous PC & console release
                * Gold Rush game mode has been renamed to just “Rush”
                * Snowy map in screens and video called Port Valdez
                * Medic class can revive teammates with a defibrillator within 5 (10?) seconds of them dying. Defibrillator is an unlock
                * Health injector removed. Health regenerates on its own.
                * Highly improved squad system. 4 person squads with your squad mates names viewable in the lower HUD
                * No user controllable jets
                * More spread out achievements tied to unlocks
                * Highly customizable weapons
                * More gadgets
                * 6-8 crates per map
                * More game modes coming in addition to Rush and Conquest
                * No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine
                * Details on PC version will be released later

* New vehicles such as very fast 4-wheelers. Holds 2.
                * More blood, more serious Battlefield game
                * There will be a type of artillery
                * Destruction 2.0 allows you to chip away at cover and completely destroy buildings
                * Spotting enemies works a little differently. To spot you press the back button (on Xbox 360) and the enemy will show up on your squad’s mini map.
                * Ammo crates have been removed. You must now get ammo packs from an engineer.
                * 4 kits - assault, recon, medic, engineer
                Which leads me to hope that that's only referring to consoles.

Comment

Working...
                X