Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 1943: Pacific Officially Announced

heres apreview of battlefield 1943 on gamespot.com

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
      True. I guess this means the days of the 6-man El Al B17 crews are long since passed. I had forgotten about the destructible environment stuff too and it makes sense that with that stuff would come a requirement for smaller maps and fewer players. Truth be told, though, I'd trade destructible environments for large-scale epic maps in a heartbeat.
      Destructive environments should have no effect at all on the amount of players on a map.

Plus, the gameservers of today and PCs are far more powerful than when BF2 came out.

There is absolutely no reason why there wouldn't be a destructible Frostbite 64-player map on the PC.

The 24 player limit on 1943 is because it's a port from Xbox 360/PS3

Comment

I believe the 24 player cap has more to do with it being a console port than anything else. It is much easier to make a game once and port it than to make two or three with different population caps. Unfortunately our pc's are much more capable than the PS3 and Xbox 360, and while we can always upgrade they cannot. So the population cap will likely be set in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Paladin View Post
          heres apreview of battlefield 1943 on gamespot.com

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...opslot;title;1
          I wouldn't trust much from that preview considering they said it's going to be a console exclusive. Good for the pics, I guess.

Comment

You guys can pretty much assume they will raise the player amount for PC.

I suspect this is just a sweeping generalisation at the moment. Await more details before flaming

If they say they will not increase players, then you may rage!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              You guys can pretty much assume they will raise the player amount for PC.

I suspect this is just a sweeping generalisation at the moment. Await more details before flaming

If they say they will not increase players, then you may rage!
              If they don't raise it, then the modding community will... just like almost every other PC shooter (except the BF series, lol).

My concern is the stock maps will be designed for 24 players. Just look at CoD4 for a good example of what that leads to.

Instead of 5 people waiting for one plane, it will be 15!

Comment

DiCE must be spending to much time in their "recreational" rooms...

@6.34 - That looks like the old TGN frontpage on that guys screen, heh.

Comment

Yeah, it was the old BF:H frontpage when we had it

Reminder, Bad Company 2 is also PC if you don't like WW2!

Comment

Even if you can somehow raise the player count the map size will be fixed, it would be like playing on CoD servers with higher player counts with maps too small to support them.

Comment

I think some of you are worrying to much. I firmly believe consoles will be 24 and PC will be alot more. And I say that as a console guy, I mean it would make sense to allow more people on the PC version.

Comment

IT was my idea to put it on xbox live, you can even look it up. back when they had someon the site taking questions about battlefield bad company i asked if they had considered making battlefield 1942 for xbox360 live since it was too come out on the first xbox but got canceled. the guy said he would have to bring it up to the staff/team/ea whoever. that was like 6-8 months ago about the time it must have taken them to do it. just thought you should know who to give the credit to.

Comment

This game will have been under works for more than 6-8 months

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                            Even if you can somehow raise the player count the map size will be fixed, it would be like playing on CoD servers with higher player counts with maps too small to support them.
                            well correct me if i am wrong but wake 1942 is the same size as bf2(my memory is a bit sketchy) - so unless they shrink the map - but that would not be wake anymore - then it should be ok for larger player count.

As it stands all coverage and videos seem to be for xbox/consoles with also on pc found buried in the small print. Until we have more info on the PC version who knows what we will get.(But if they did advertise PC has this and that is better with 64 players..... Console players would get confused and spit the dummy:laugh

PS the carriers/destroyers better be drivable alla the original 1942

Comment

To be honest, i am happy with 24 players. I never really played on servers with over 32

Comment

Originally posted by [1CD]D|Pvt.H.A.L.F View Post
                                well correct me if i am wrong but wake 1942 is the same size as bf2 - so unless they shrink the map - but that would not be wake anymore - then it should be ok for larger player count.

As it stands all coverage and videos seem to be for xbox/consoles with also on pc found buried in the small print. Until we have more info on the PC version who knows what we will get.(But if they did advertise PC has this and that is better with 64 players..... Console players would get confused and spit the dummy:laugh
                                I'm assuming the wake map in 1943 has been cut down. It would just be way too big for only 24 people.

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                                To be honest, i am happy with 24 players. I never really played on servers with over 32
                                That's good for you, but bad for everyone who liked playing on 64 servers. Did you not like the fact that BF2 catered to both those kinds of people? The official limit in BF2 was 64, but the map was reduced to 32 and 16 for smaller games.

Wouldn't you rather it be like that? Because it's not backwards compatible. You can take a 64 player map and cut it down for 16 players, but you can't take a 16 player map and expand it for 64.

Comment

Working...
                                X