Battlefield 2 v1.50 Patch Update - 1/13/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 v1.50 Patch Update - 1/13/09

Associate Producer for the Battlefield series, Bazajaytee, has posted up some new info on the BF2 v1.50 patch over on the EA forums. Here's what he's been saying over the past few days:
    Having staff to cover any major problems after release is always a key part when we release updates so releasing so close to Christmas would have been a risk we probably wouldn't want to have taken.

As for news of when it will release I'll have more information on that in the next week or so as I have to do some investigations on some things as everyone gets back from Christmas vacation.

------------------------------------------

We have one thing left to do on the update and thats to compile and build the installer for the update. So now we are very close to having something. Once we make the installer we'll do some internal testing then open it up to you all.

------------------------------------------

Highway Tampa will be compulsary from 1.50 onwards (as it was optional with 1.41). We are looking to make a full and incremental version of the update. The incremental with be a couple of hundred Mb while the full would be well over 500Mb.

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates. We'll also keep you posted on any major updates. Thanks to our member -=Punkbuster=- for the news.

Re: Battlefield 2 v1.50 Patch Update - 1/13/09

Damn, I just got all giggly.....

Comment

I read this thread and I "jizzed in my pants"...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/media]

Comment

Hallelujah

Now I just want the 2142 patch

Comment

So the update is, 'We'll keep you updated'? That's kind of like waking someone up to tell them it's time to go to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by [4TA]FAR|Sgt.HIVictim View Post
            I read this thread and I "jizzed in my pants"...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/media]
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA - I love that song

Comment

Yay for infos.

Comment

damn if they are going to include armored fury and euro force I REALY GOING TO JIZZ MY PANTS.

Comment

"As for news of when it will release I'll have more information on that in the next week or so as I have to do some investigations on some things as everyone gets back from Christmas vacation."

how much PR smoke are they going to blow up our asses over a patch for a 3 and a half year old game.........Christmas vacation??? you mean to tell me these cream puffs over at dice get over 20 days off for Christmas vacation????? no wonder we have no BF3 and they couldn't even crap out a free to play game on deadline last summer.......they have all been on vacation.

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
                  damn if they are going to include armored fury and euro force I REALY GOING TO JIZZ MY PANTS.
                  they might aswell considering the only servers running them are time padding servers who kick and ban anyone who wants to actually play.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                    "As for news of when it will release I'll have more information on that in the next week or so as I have to do some investigations on some things as everyone gets back from Christmas vacation."

how much PR smoke are they going to blow up our asses over a patch for a 3 and a half year old game.........Christmas vacation??? you mean to tell me these cream puffs over at dice get over 20 days off for Christmas vacation????? no wonder we have no BF3 and they couldn't even crap out a free to play game on deadline last summer.......they have all been on vacation.

they might aswell considering the only servers running them are time padding servers who kick and ban anyone who wants to actually play.
                    agree 100% and what did happen to bf heroes enyway ??? i think they stoped it because they knew they would not support it enyways. :dead:

Comment

So you want them to stay at work 24/7, 365 days a year? They are actual persons too you know, not robots that can sit up and make patches all the time.

BF Heroes isn't canceled, far from it, but I agree it has been delayed an awful long time now. It was supposed to be out last summer... Half a year later we're still in beta. Bad planning, although I think it's better to wait than to get a half arsed game.

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                        So you want them to stay at work 24/7, 365 days a year? They are actual persons too you know, not robots that can sit up and make patches all the time.

BF Heroes isn't canceled, far from it, but I agree it has been delayed an awful long time now. It was supposed to be out last summer... Half a year later we're still in beta. Bad planning, although I think it's better to wait than to get a half arsed game.
                        in the real world people don't get a months vacation time for Christmas....do you people not realize Christmas was 20 days ago?

i was using to show a example of their work effort and organization....or lack of it....anyone wanting new content can just go download one of the fantastic user made mods who's maps and models make the stuff dice created look like childs play....

sorry but im sick of this PR bandwagon that dice expects us all to jump on every time they decide to stroll into town with meaningless information......i never dreamed id be saying this but dice caters to console fanboys now, there's much more money in it.....the loyal pc gamers have been left in the rear view "mirror" fighting over 3 1/2 year old scraps and kissing as*.

Comment

in the real world people don't get a months vacation time for Christmas....do you people not realize Christmas was 20 days ago?

i was using to show a example of their work effort and organization....or lack of it....anyone wanting new content can just go download one of the fantastic user made mods who's maps and models make the stuff dice created look like childs play....

sorry but im sick of this PR bandwagon that dice expects us all to jump on every time they decide to stroll into town with meaningless information......i never dreamed id be saying this but dice caters to console fanboys now, there's much more money in it.....the loyal pc gamers have been left in the rear view "mirror" fighting over 3 1/2 year old scraps and kissing as*.
                          thats the way of the world, you better get use to it... :salute:

Comment

Besides widescreen and general fixes, they doing any updates to the engine to bring the game a little up to date. Would love to see some smoother shadows and textures.

Comment

The incremental with be a couple of hundred Mb
                              It seems pretty big for a patch, but nowhere near enough to contain EF/AF.

Comment

Working...
                              X