Total Gaming Network Visits DICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Total Gaming Network Visits DICE

On our way to the interview we walk past a glass walled room with some kind of artwork strategically placed at head-height, making it hard to see what’s going on in there without jumping. “This is the Battlefield Heroes team,” Parker tells me while pointing at the room.
    He was just feeding you lies, it’s really where they are secretly working on Battlefield 3.

I can see through the redirection and propaganda even if you can't

p.s. next time send someone taller, much, much taller. :thumbsup:

Comment

To everyone who appreciated my article and the TGN staffs combined efforts to bring you the latest news and info from DICE: It's been a pleasure, we're glad you enjoyed this and we're very proud of this. We are really looking forward to getting more info from DICE in the future and passing it on to you.

Now I'm gonna try to sort some question marks out which have arised in the thread.

1. The graphics in the screenshots have bad quality simply because the graphics settings had not been set yet on the computer I was playing on.

2. The guys at DICE are not stupid, if they would announce another game now that would draw attention from Mirrors edge and BFBC=bad for their sales. Of course they will at least wait until the rush for these games is over.

Also there is no way we would have been able to find out if DICE is making BF3, partly because of what I said above and partly because they would most likely not give TGN an exclusive on that announcement. We are a great and dedicated site but if they were to announce BF3 they would want many different sites and magazines there to hear about it. So far BF3 does not exist, even if some people like to pretend they know it does.

As a certain 43 year old in this thread just proved to us, age certainly isn't the determining factor when it comes to getting info from DICE and making a good article about it. TGN staff did a better job than you could have done.

3. Battlefield 2 is a 3 years old game. The fact that its being updated shows that its still so good and being played by so many people that DICE thinks its still beneficial to keep supporting it. Not many games are good for 3 years.

4. Those of you who play bf2 a lot and hang out on total bf2 but still claim to hate dice and bf2... I dont know what to say really, its just ridiculous.

I hope that helps clearing some stuff out, post anything else you might wonder and I'll do my best to answer it.

Originally posted by Dangerdog View Post
      He was just feeding you lies, it’s really where they are secretly working on Battlefield 3.

I can see through the redirection and propaganda even if you can't

p.s. next time send someone taller, much, much taller. :thumbsup:
      If I would have stood on my toes I would have been able to see. But I'm not sure the guys in there would appreciate that so I decided not to.

Trust me I wish they were lies...

Comment

Originally posted by QcGuy View Post
        Maybe after 3.5 years since BF2 came out and over 2 million copies of BF2 being sold. And the million plus copies of 2142 sold. We fellow PC Battlefield players just want to know SOMETHING about BF3...tell us yes Fall of 09, Summer 2010 it will be out. Or no we are never ever making another Battlefield.

Just say something Dice. What I see on this site is a bunch of teenagers running it and are afraid to ask the hard in your face questions. Dice dangles a little tour to their facility and everyone is so excited. I think they lose their objectivity.

Is it great that they are still supporting BF2 and 2142, I am not knocking that I think it's great they are continuing to support the game to keep the fan base happy and alive.

And I am not knocking Total Bf2 and that's what it will always be to known to me. You guys do a good job of reporting the Battlefield news and give the fans a place to speak their minds. But all I see is a website that sticks up for Dice at every turn and people are starting to see that more and more.
        All I have to say is this, I am no teenager and I am the one who set this trip up and approved everything with DICE. When DICE is ready to put out info on whatever the next BF title is, we at TGN will tell you as SOON as we know it.

Have a nice day!
        AB

Comment

Oh and those of you panicking over BF3 not being announced yet: Although BF3 does not officially exist I can confirm that there are currently projects in the works at DICE which have not been announced yet. Also when I visited I was only allowed to go on the top floor, the other floor is completely off bounds to any visitor. This is good news.

Thus I'll be buying suction cups this weekend to climb the glass walls on that building. The windows aren't tinted so my odds are good. :thumbsup:

Comment

Ha, i'm an answer farmer :awes

I can't wait to get on those crains with my L96

Comment

The question of when is Battlefield 3 coming or is it in development has been asked many times by many 3rd parties. DICE is good at keeping secrets and it's never good to say hey we are making so and so with this and that in it unless the game is pretty much complete and has the features that the developers said the game has and are already fully implemented and working as intended.

There is nothing worse then waiting for a really long time about something and all you get is concept art and a few snippets of information. It's better to wait for the release of a pretty much fully working game with in-game footage instead of only the computer generated presentation. Hopefully when their next game comes out the previews will be 99% in-game graphics and made with an in-game/editor video director program like the Unreal 3 Engine but also made available to gamers for mod and game videos.

If there is a BF3, the public will not know until it is time for the public to know. Same thing goes for full patch details for the next patch will be released when the patch is closer to beta time. Who knows BF3 might be complete and DICE/EA are doing internal private testing of the game and making sure the community/netcode/graphics/modding/security aspects of the game is ready so you end up getting the big picture all at once instead of what we get with many games: When are the mod tools coming, the optimization is bad, the netcode is really bad, the editor sucks or it's too simple and buggy, etc. As I don't think many of you would enjoy a game with many client/server/master server bugs and exploits like some of the other games.

One thing I have learned from DICE and EA is they are the best in the industry for a reason, yeah they may do things here and there that we do not like but the games are pretty fun and you always end up coming back to play some BF1942/BF2/BF2142 once the fun factor of the other titles that have been released over the years die down after a week or two. Just sit back and wait they will release the information eventually when everything is ready.

Comment

The only thing keeping BF2 going is the mods, and I can't remember the last time I played BFSpaceShip(2142).

This isn't going to do a thing for the BF franchise, other than the need to patch the patch again! BFHeroes is only going to get somewhat of an OK review, and it will only be the most downloaded game of_____(insert release year here) because it is FREE!

Come on! Bring us BF:Whatever you are calling it for the PC!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
                  The only thing keeping BF2 going is the mods, and I can't remember the last time I played BFSpaceShip(2142).
                  Actually, there are almost triple the number of people playing BF2 vanilla than mods.

The complete opposite to BF1942 in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                    Actually, there are almost triple the number of people playing BF2 vanilla than mods.

The complete opposite to BF1942 in fact.
                    The number is much higher unfortunatly. If you put the players from all mods together, they do not even have 5% of the BF2 base. Even during the peak days where you had a lot of mods with active player populations they still hardly scratched the surface of BF2 players.

As a modder that has been something we have debated 100000000 times. Was it lack of getting the word out to casual players? We mods just flat out rejected? Was it for a lack of support from Dice? Was it due to ranks and unlocks? Each theory has its merrit, personally I think it is a combination of all of the above with some weighted more than others.

Comment

• Re: Total Gaming Network Visits DICE

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                      Cause it's neve never been done right? Ever heard of 'Steam'?
                      I think you mean Valve not Steam, also I was making the point that it is nice that Dice is supporting a three year old game, not that it is unheard of to support an old game.

Comment

Well, the Diablo 2 patch made me lol.

Comment

Was there any clues to whether DICE will update BF2 hitboxes? To a standard of CS:S or Cod 4.
                          This is possibly the only thing bf2 is lacking. (apart from merging special forces with vanilla bf2).

Comment

I think the map is quite good.
                            Yes it looks old because all the structures are old too.
                            But the map design seems promising.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                              how do you feel cheated? They are offering a new patch with new "free" content. That's "win" in my book.

Also how can you judge a map that you have not played?
                              I feel cheated because this interview revealed nothing but the lack of support EA gives BF2. You guys are falling for the fluff thats meant to distract you from that fact.

Comment

I'd say that getting a new patch for a 3 year old game actually is support.
                                If BF2 were so bad none would play it - but there are tons of ppl playing it.

So what more support do you want?
                                New map every week?
                                BF2 is a huge game regarding its age, yeah you may get better graphics in newer games, but the gameplay is unique.

And even with patch 1.5 they won't be able to present us a completely new BF2.

Comment

Working...
                                X